The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec Twin Turbo 6 Speed Manual Low Mileage in White

Guest JonathanD

Guest JonathanD

NOW SOLD!! NOW SOLD!! NOW SOLD!! NOW SOLD!! NOW SOLD!! NOW SOLD!! NOW SOLD!! NOW SOLD!! NOW SOLD!!

Hi all,

Time has come to sell my much loved UK TT Supra. I normally have my cars 1 - 2 years cos I get bored, but I've had this for the past 7 years now, its such a great car!

But with a house extension project looming and more business miles to do these days, I've just defected to the Scooby camp, and so really the Supra has to go.

Details:

Not much to say really as its absolutely bog standard UK spec!

It has been colour keyed all round, which makes it look much nicer (i.e. no black sills or wheel arches).

Better (Pioneer) CD/radio - great sound

Nice number plate also - probably worth £500+ on its own

Condition:

Only 73,000 miles (38,000 in the last 7 years)

I don't know where good condition leads to mint really, but I'd say its close to mint.

A few really small stone chips here and there, but none serious

Wheels (standard 17") are great, recently refurbished

Interior is excellent, some faint lines on the (beige) leather, but it looks great, carpets excellent

One cigarette burn on the rear seat (a Connolly man was supposed to turn up a while ago and do this, but didn't!)

History:

Full Toyota service history from new (Pinewood and TW Hawkins)

All stamps and reciepts available

Work done in the last couple of years includes: front discs, battery, air-con condensor (expensive!), radiator, cam belt, plugs etc.

New tyres - Toyo Proxes in the last year (less than 5,000 miles ago)

Will probably need a clutch in the next 5 - 10,000 miles, and rear discs getting low

Overall:

That's it really! I think looking at prices of UK manual cars, £12,500 seems fair. So no silly offers please, and no part exchanges either, my drive is already too full!

I'm not desparate to sell and am happy to keep it rather than let it go for a song. But a great car begging to go to an enthuiast. I can't see how this will drop in value if kept in good condition, and not too many miles, so a good long term car.

Pictures posted in My Garage here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1484

Kind regards,

Jonathan

PS. Please PM me for my mobile number if you are interested. Or any further details or comments please post here.

I wouldn't have admitted to defecting scoobwards in here. I know the old UK 6 speed is rare with low miles but £12.5k rare?

true, graham s's was pretty standard and was a black uk manual with low miles and he let that go for 10k, a car is worth whatever some1 is willing to pay though. good luck with the sale and look forward to pics

Way too expensive nearer £8000 if it`s as described, before someone else tells you and where are the pictures.

If you look in the 4 sales there are plenty of single turbos in the same price range you are after IMHO ?

:search: :innocent:

Price seems fine to me. would suggest putting a new clutch in to demand that. If you hold out a buyer will apear..... uk manuals are so so so rare now people will pay a premium

Too pricey me thinks, £10k Tops....then again if someone wants it, they will pay that premium.

Not so long ago I had mine up for sale 1994 SPGT67 6 Speed Black with 58k Miles with all supporting mods and some sexy 19" CR's (wheels just as rare as UK Supe's) for 13k....(hence why i think it's pricey)....but I soon saw sense and decided to keep it.

Good luck with the sale, it seem's like a beautifull example.

Guest JonathanD

Guys, many thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.

I've now added a set of pictures to My Garage, so take a look and see what you think. And not a Scooby in sight!!

Regarding the colour I never actually wanted a white one, but bought mine as soon as I saw it, its was in such great nick. But having done the colour keying, I think it really works well in white - certainly a great summer car!

My favourite colour is storm blue i think, but they seem to be very rare.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

The car looks mint,the seller has been thouroughly honest by the sounds of his description.

I am sure someone will pay the asking price as this car is as rare as rocking horse shit.

Good luck with the sale mate:thumbs:

Nice car mate!

As said, this is a very rare car! just like mine:)

I was thinking of selling, and would have put it up for 12.5/13k

Trust me if someone wants a super rare stock example then they will pay good money for one!

There must be no more than 200 ish(if that) manuals left in the country and how many of them have sub 75k on them? only a few im sure!

So stick to you price, im sure you'll sell it if don't mind a little wait!

Nice car mate!

As said, this is a very rare car! just like mine:)

I was thinking of selling, and would have put it up for 12.5/13k

Trust me if someone wants a super rare stock example then they will pay good money for one!

There must be no more than 200 ish(if that) manuals left in the country and how many of them have sub 75k on them? only a few im sure!

So stick to you price, im sure you'll sell it if don't mind a little wait!

apparently there was only 100 made and less than 50 left (manuals)

apparently there was only 100 made and less than 50 left (manuals)

WOW
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

If thats right then these uk manuals are near non existant!

Hold out for your asking price mate;)

I know you can buy a pretty sorted single for this money,but and this is the reason i decided to keep mine,

These are awsome cars regardless of jap/uk/single but to own such a great car and to know only 50 ish other people own the same spec as you.... well it just makes it that much more desirable!

But agree the right person needs to come along, which could mean a long wait!

Good luck mate..

The 'right' person will pay £12k, at least you're gonna get somebody who respects the car for what it is, you're not goning to get somebody looking for a cheap Supra to thrash about for a year. Lovely example, I'd hold out as I think there'll be someone (or many people) for who that is the ideal car.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.