The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacement Clear Headlight Lenses For Sale

suprattgaz

EDITED FOR RE-RUN

Ready for sale, clear headlight lenses, replace existing lense. These are fabricated from clear 4mm high impact acrylic.

MOT checked and pass.

For my own safety I am selling these as NOT ROAD LEGAL, FOR SHOW ONLY.

Prices will be for a pair of clear lenses:

£50 rough cut - will need finishing by customer (simple file or dremmel job. No mass material to be cut off, just a finish trim)

£65 finish trimmed.

P&P is £10 UK, all international will have to be costed.

NOTE - My after market front bumper didn't fit perfectly and there was a small gap between the light and the bumper. Because I could trim myself I cut so they fitted to the car, so they now fit perfectly. Something to think about if you trim yourself.

I will accept paypal, bank transfers and cheques.

Please remember I am not a trader, and this was something I did as a hobby as I wanted a pair and you cannot buy these ('till now!). The mould I produced for mine could produce many more, and so I asked if you guys/gals wanted some. As such these have not been life tested and come with no guarantees other than I have done the research on materials etc and this was the best solution I could find.

Please PM if you would like a set

Many thanks,

Gary

Only one light wired in. However it is the same as the original. Look in front of the dipped beam (center spot) of the original, there is no pattern. It is all in front of, and for, the full beam. It passes the MOT test whatever.;)

EDIT: looked again, that was the side light you can see on the right there. The dipped beam needed slight adjustment as it was too low.

Don't mean to sound off here, they look like fantastic lens's but the 'kick up' for the light pattern looks like its for a LHD? Or is it just a dodgy camera angle?

Thanks for the guide, it will come in really handy.

What glue do you recommend to attach the lens to the lip? I have an expensive bottle of Bondloc that I got from work (£17.50 for 20gm!) which is a Cyanoacrylate adhesive for bonding plastics and rubbers, will this be OK? I have used it before and it is very strong!

Cheers.

Hey Elmo!!

I tried several off the shelf adhesives. It is a funny combination of things to stick together. HOWEVER if you are usng your old lens it will be much easier as you gluing two hard plastics together. I would still say use metal fxings where possible to reinforce and ensure they don't to a fly-by on the motorway!!!:innocent:

[OOPS][/OOPS]
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

he's probably just away or something,

im sure he'll see this eventually, (when you do pm me if you made any extras).

paypal gives you 2 months i think. but getting anything out of them is PITA, youre better off talking to your credit card company in my experience, much easyer.

...but im sure it wouldnt come to that, there

probably a good reason for the lack of replies.

Whoo, whoo, easy guys. Touch jittery aren't we?!

Been down Cornwall sufing for a week - just got back an hour ago. No such luxuries as computers!!! LOL

I have done a few extra pairs for late comers so PM if interested.

I will be posting this big run late next week so you should recieve them week begining 11th June. I did say 2-3 weeks delivery - they need to be made before posted :) .

Gary

UPDATE - For all those enquiring or paid up

The number for the run has been finalised, and they will be done on Wednesday. Time allowing I will pack up and post over the following few days. I have a lot of orders, going all over the world, so PLEASE be patient. I can see this maybe taking a week to organise and ship all out (lets say all delivered by the 15th).

I promise to keep you all updated, as I can't stand it myself when things are promised for a date and don't arrive (or lack of communication over delivery).[ANGRY][/ANGRY]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.