The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacement Clear Headlight Lenses For Sale

suprattgaz

Guest Bainesy36

Hi there Gaz,

I'll take a set of untrimmed ones please if you still have some available.

PM on it's way.

Cheers,

Nige.

• 2 weeks later...

Last lot being posted tomorrow, so everyone should have them early next week. Sorry for the slight delay, I didn't want to rush the supplier for them then to be of poor quality. On that matter they look amazing, and I know originally I said they will not be absolutely perfectly smooth like glass....well they are:D . I think everyone will be very pleased with what we have produced.

I still have a few left over from this run (not many) so if anyone else wants a pair, pm me.

Gary

UPDATE ON FITTING - IT LOOKS A LOT EASIER THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT.

After much playing it looks best to heat and remove lens in oven (80c for 10 mins) remove lens with rubber external seals still in tact. Then remove (cut) the lens from the inside edge of the lip, leaving the lip and external edge of the old lens. Use dremmel or lots of drilled holes and then cut through with saw blade CAREFULLY!!! I haven't done it but have heard the old lens can crack if u are too violent.

Then place the new lens over the old, you will have a nice solid lip to affix to now. Use just glue, or some small self tappers to hold in place (personally I would use both). Once in place use a small amount of car filler and skim over the screws. Sand back, mask and paint on the outside of the lens. This gives a perfect finish and you cannot see any of the glue/screws used to fix the new lens. Use sealent to watertight the lense (inside or outside, or both) before glueing the new lenses back into the main body. As you have left the old rubber on the outside of the lens it also fits the car absolutely perfectly.

Any marks/scratches will polish out with t-cut or car polish in seconds. This acrylic is very easy to work with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am doing a more concise fitting guide as the one I originally did was for fibre-glass replica lips. I have aquired another pair of lights, and am modding them using the original lens. Only started tonight and I am half way to completing one of them already. I am doing this to help those of you who have purchased some already, and to be inquisitive as to how much better I can do it!!;) Typical engineer I am afraid:rolleyes:.

This also means i will have a complete, ready to fit pair when I have finished. I will sell the pair already on my car (the ones in the photos) once I have finished. I will start a thread once ready (about 2 weeks I rekon).

Gary

P.S. I have sold all the lenses I have. I MAY have 1 pair left as the customer has not paid for them:tongue:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.