The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Radiator foam stuff..

hadyn

yes, i got the 10mm thick stuff, or somthing like that, just cut 3 or 4 strips the right lengh, stick it together making about a 1" thickness and ram it in the hole.

UK - rich kindly supplied mine, but ive seen it in b&q

Have a look at "SUPRA ST MYSTER's" car. I sold him the rad' with the foam attached and it helps provide a better seal, therefore aiding in the airflow through the Rad' :)

Over time, the original foam sealer will become weathered if not ragged and become ineffective and inefficient. So, if your doing a bit of an overhaul or have your bumper off then it's a simple job to do.... as long as you got the right sticky stuff and the rad' surfaces are clean ;)

Cheers not sure if I do have any foam there will have to have a look. What would be the result of having no foam at all, overheating?

Naah mate, you wont overheat. Your cooling will just be less efficient. No big deal. It's just one of them jobs... if you got the bits like the bumper/rad off then give it a bit of TLC ;)

Put it this way, on my old red TT, the foam had gaps in it and was brittle. I fitted an old miami gt radiator cover (fills the gap that the foam fills, not an fmic cover) and the car felt a lot better for it.

Basically, the foam forces air coming into the car through the radiator. If you have gaps, air escapes and goes over the rad, obviously lowering the rads efficiency slightly...

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.