The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CAT 1 Alarm systems - Advise and Info

M4RK RZ

Ok,

So next week I plan to upgrade my alarm - I was thinking CAT1 toad?

Anyone had a package form ebay? when they come and fit it?

Other suggestions on makes etc would be V helpful guys :)

Or indeed if anyone knows someone in sheffield area who are good thats a bonus.

I don't know if this is really true - but when I had the 964 alarm fitted (over 5 years ago) I was told that adding total closure meant it wasn't really cat 1 anymore (because the closure might fail).

Didn't stop me getting it though (and still got the certificate) and I wish the Supra had it.

So this Toad alarm A1606 is a good unit? And the price of £219 fitted is good?

Will be adding:

Shock Proxi sensor

Full closure

electronic central locking pop.

Yes mate. I paid more for an Autowatch, the Ai606 is about £330 if you get Toad to fit it themsleves!!;)

H.

Toad doesnt come with Turbo Timer.

Clifford alarms come with the turbo timer upgrade, same with Clifford you can get Intelli-Start to warm up those turbos while your running round the house for the last few things. Keeps the car deadlocked while running of course.

It's worth getting the full-shebang, i have everything that james bond would want and its damn useful. Anti-Hijack takes a bit of getting used to, as passengers try and get out and cant, until you unlock it with the key-thob but in the area i live in it's a neccesity. I've had Toad before, very good but clifford offer more for those with turbos.

What i had before was everything, ill list it here.

Intelli-Start

Turbo Timer (Included in CAT1 certification, toad do one but hardly works and isnt CAT1.)

Window Lifters

Dual-Zone Proximity Sensor

Suspension & Body Sensor

Anti-Hijack.

Dual-Zone Shock Sensor

Glass Sensor

A few more i cant remember.

TOAD Ai606 CAT 1 , all the way mate, I have been using this kit for both my cars for ast 3 years mate and cant fault them, excellent kit and excellent price.

I used the cliford 650 consept in the past in my MR2 and not much different to the ai606 really but double the price ;)

As mentioned by Matt Harwood why I made enquiries as to which to get, the Toads do the job perfectly and are fairly simple to install, the Cliffords are likewise, have more advanced features but can be a PITA to install around other gadgets, Turbo Timers etc. :)

I went for a Clifford Concept 650 for circa £300 fitted. It's a great alarm, and I've had no problems so far Mark - except for user error! :)

Greg

Like a twat I forgot to enter the blackjax code which triggered the alarm and shut down the car whilst driving through town, I also left change in the glovebox (centre area one) which caused te alarm to go frikking nuts! But, we'll keep that quiet! Ssshhhhh ;)

yes mate it is :)

Its a great system and is working perfect. Got something thrown in for free too :)

Sunday morning at 10am in the snow fitting an alarm all the wat from birmingham - thats service !

and for a great CAT1 price too :) full certificate etc....

Its a great system and is working perfect. Got something thrown in for free too :)

Sunday morning at 10am in the snow fitting an alarm all the wat from birmingham - thats service !

Hi

Have you got any contact details please? Going to need an alarm fitting soon:) :)

Thanks Jamie

Guest g-man

Toad Ai606...

Good: Basic alarm but still pretty good. Good range of additional sensors.

Bad: Not compatible with turbo timers or remote start units.

Avital Maxx1:

Good: Same spec as Ai606 but this is cheaper. Works with remote start.

Bad: Doesn't work with turbo timers.

Clifford+ Viper alarms:

Good: Can do almost anything you can imagine. Works with remote start. Can be installed to include a turbo timer. Built in coded anti-carjacking system. Remotely adjustable sensor's. Good remote range thanks to the screen mounted antenna. (viper units also have a pager style remote and an additional immobilisation point)

Bad: Price can be high but then quality costs.

Thats a rough guide to the alarms and their benefits/drawbacks

He's done a few from this forum now.

Must try and get a freebie for me recomending him :p

He should join up and be the club alarm guru :lol: