The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater matrix - fitted

TrickTT

I have a used, but excellent condition heater matrix from a J-spec TT, (but will fit all models) as I replaced my entire cooling system last year. These cost over £200 for the matrix from Toyota.

I am offering this for sale, fully fitted, for £575 which will include replacing the 2 heater hoses under the bonnet if neccessary.

All you will need to do is regas the airconditioning - Ibrar is about 20 minutes away and does an excellent job.

The job will take 2 - 3 days depending on the weather and I live just outside Birmingham.

Any questions, PM me.

Rich.

Has anyone found a supply of all metal (that looks like plastic end tanks? never had one from a Supra in my hands) aftermarket heater matrix's? Maybe an idea from one of the places that do I/C's and chargecoolers like Pace? In the hope that it will last longer than the Toyota unit...

It is an all aluminium part. The black on the end tanks is foam insulation to seal it into the heater box. The only reason the supe one rots is the in and out pipes are both at the top, so any crud just stays in the bottom and rots them out. Frequent coolant flush/changes would stop them ever rotting.

This one is mint :thumbs:

Rob, I may heading down to Essex soon anyway to see one of my old uni pals. If so, I could potentially give you a lift back after you drop it off to Rich. Wouldn't be going til early April though as he's out in Afghan at the mo. :)

love to have this but the chance of me getting over to drop the car off in birmingham for a few days is very unlikely!! bloody typical just when the perfect solution pops up something's there to bite it in the arse!

Rob

There is always the train mate:)

Rich,

Do you not just fancy holding on for a bit? I'm sure mine will go sometime soon. I'm trying to weigh up whether or not prevention is better than cure now! ;)

Just keep it. As it's approaching Summer anyway there will probably be little interest buddy, until it hits Sept time next year!

Greg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.