The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Car Meet - Elvington - 16th May

michael

Easytrack are holding a trackday at Elvington the day before this event. I'm doing the trackday in a hired caterham but I might take a trip back there the next day to see the numerous jap motors.

I won't be competing though :( Straight line stuff isn't really my type of thing.

Pencil me on as a spectator for now.

:innocent:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rays the roof

I'll drive up from B'ham if this happens. Got my kids that weekend though, so you guys will have to keep the noise down (joke!).

1. Mcanny

2. Paul Laing

3. ChrisB

4. AJI

5. Ray

Originally posted by Rob

I fancy it, did you say one needs a helmet to go up the strip?

Yeah you'll need a helmet - you can get some really cheap ones from any motorbike shop though. Then you can rent it out to other people for £5 a go and make your money back :)

wipe it off or dry it with a hair dryer, it'll soon start to smell like the boys changing rooms at school.

i might make it, i'll b in the fezza though so dont expect miracles up the strip :)

Well I'm a bit confused about this, it used to be £5.00, then this year it's gone up to £6.00 but I've just read on another forum that they are going to be asking £7.50.

If it is that much then I suspect this will be the last "in association with Straightliners" events I do because I personally feel £5 per person is about right for entry to a huge lump of concrete with a toilet block.

It's also £x to get in and then £40 to race, not £40 to cover it all - still cheaper than York I guess but not the cheap day of racing I was trying to promote :(

i prefer york as it has propper lights and timing gear and you get a good time slip. elvington is ok but you get a mickey mouse time slip and micky mouse lights. and £40 to race and your entrance fee is a bit much. you do get loads of runs in there. at york on bank holidays its very busy.

suppose its good if you like putting a show on for crowds. they are both a good day ouy.

eyefi i would race you in astra but its too slow, just waiting for my v8 engine i got off ebay, v8 6.6 trans am lump with a couple of t88h turbos, hope it fits in the astra ok