The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Car Meet - Elvington - 16th May

michael

Originally posted by ChrisB

whats the lights like at elvington? never been before :thumbs:

do they count your reaction in with the 1/4 mile or is it just crail that does that

sometimes you just get a time and trap speed and thats it. sometimes have just had a time.

its ok for a day out if they have handling course set up its fun. im not fussed about top speeds myself.

should be good day out and see lots of cars racing. should be a few there.

There are supposed to be doing times, trap speeds and 60ft time I believe - this is certainly what I discussed with Trevor anyway.

For a helmet I got mine in Leeds (shop across the road from Hein Gericke), unfortunately it was quite central though so it would mean a trip into the city - there should be plenty of bike shops on the outskirts though?

A quick look over yell.co.uk shows a couple in Kippax, there are probably a load in York too.

what a good day out today,

looks like chris b has a good time to add, at elvington today he did a 12.56@116mph was consistent all day with his times.

also im sure i seen a trap speed of 119 mph but will have to check camcorder footage.

a nice turn out of supras and skylines

i counted 6 or 7 supras and loads of skylines. even tim in skyline did a low 11 think he did a 11.4

weather was great and gone red like a tomato

good to see

paul e and son

eyefi and jane

stealth hosts

kevin huntley

jj (michell lanes brother did a 12.54 in mr2 spied nos :) )

chris b (well done)

mcanny

seen paul laing`s supra

on way out there were a couple of porsche gt3`s in lairy colours and they blew past me in astra on way home, we could not catch them as my kitchen in astra was getting thrown about.

hope to get my car back for next one :(

Total agreement with monkey, wicked day out - plenty of sun, cars and totty.

Eyefi & mark - pleasure as always, joined the monkey tea-bus ride and sported a nice cuppa from mark himself.

Michael, were you racing in auto mode on your box? kinda sounded laboured and I know you didn't seem too happy with your times, is that the usual times you do?

Paul E, nice to finally meet you mate, wonderful to see the skyline, whilst they are not my fav car in the worl, after seeing yours I would be happy to rank it near the top somewhere. Was the child an optional extra in Japan? :p - Hope he had a good day out also

The flypast by a lancaster bomber & spitfire was amazing as well. I have some video footage of that and will sort it as soon as I can. Also have some digital & film pics to come and I know michael was planning to take a shed-load so there should be a good archive of the event.

In my opinion this was faaaaaaaar better than the drag I went to the other week, more my cuppa tea and something for everyone ... wtf was that gullwing heap of crap again? (and no Ms. Eyefi - They will never be collectable - it's official!)

Nice to see Rob out there as well, always good to meet a fellow member. Had a good chat for a while and then seemed to lose you in the haze of heat and cars.

Beautiful weather - funny as f'ck when they had a huuuuuuge plane (nimrod??) that was supposed to fly down the track @ 250mph....... did 50mph then broke down - and was still on the track when I left at 2.30

All in all a brilliant day (although I may have an NIP on the way :"> OOPS)

Sorry if I didn't chat too much, I was trying to get the runs in.

Did a best time of just 15.12, so a bit disappointed that I did'nt get into the 14s, but did crack 150 mph with a whopping 150.7mph so well chuffed with that.

The broken down plane was a Handley Page Victor, they could have towed the bloody thing away and THEN fixed it, ferchrissakes, there was enough tarmac going spare.

Nice to meet everyone. Surprised that Monkey doesn't look like his avatar.

sorry i did not get to meet you rob. was yours the silver one with painted letters on tyres?

eyefi was pointing you out saying thats rob, wernt you the one who moved from south to york area?

was a good turnout of supras. did not know all of them. there was a red facelift supra too

Hi, was a very good day out today, i was there with my girlfriend and Kevin huntley, i got bloody sunburnt aswell!!!

I was meaning to have a chat with you Monkey, i saw you and said hello but you were chatting so thought i'd catch ya later, then i never saw you again, typical!!!

Well done Chris, great time, something for me to concentrate on when the bits get put on.

Top day, just wish i was racing.....had to settle on just parking it up :mad:

Paul :thumbs:

hope i get mine back intime for next meet up, its hard sitting back and just watching. should have new torque convertor fitted and will stick 1 of my walbro pumps on.

will have to look at fitting a MONKEYmotorsports water spray intercooler system too.

cant wait for next one

also forgot my center caps of kevin again :)

Nice meeting everyone again :)

enjoyed the racing was my first time for doing the top speed run, that was scary :)

171mph top speed, also very surprised to see speedo wasnt that far out, little scary for the speed i have been doin on the motorway at 171 clock was reading 176ish

top day though and even got a pretty little plaque:thumbs:

Nice to meet a few new members who I hadn't spoken to before. Weather was great and the aircraft side-show was cool aswell.

Got some video footage af a few of you guys' supra runs to post up in the near future.

Originally posted by stealthhosts

Michael, were you racing in auto mode on your box? kinda sounded laboured and I know you didn't seem too happy with your times, is that the usual times you do?

On my previous visits to Elvington I'd found that Auto mode gave me better results - I was basically using that, power braking and had the 7.5A TRAC fuse removed - no idea what the problem was but it just didn't happen for me :(

My last visit was with a completely standard car - I did a 13.87, this time I'm BPU with an ARC SMIC and my best was a 13.40 @ 112mph.

I had 11 runs, only my first four were vaguely respectable, the rest were just wastes of fuel and time.

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

sorry i did not get to meet you rob. was yours the silver one with painted letters on tyres?

eyefi was pointing you out saying thats rob, wernt you the one who moved from south to york area?

was a good turnout of supras. did not know all of them. there was a red facelift supra too

Yep, that was me.

Moved to Northallerton, but work in Seacroft.

Originally posted by mcanny

On my previous visits to Elvington I'd found that Auto mode gave me better results - I was basically using that, power braking and had the 7.5A TRAC fuse removed - no idea what the problem was but it just didn't happen for me :(

My last visit was with a completely standard car - I did a 13.87, this time I'm BPU with an ARC SMIC and my best was a 13.40 @ 112mph.

I had 11 runs, only my first four were vaguely respectable, the rest were just wastes of fuel and time.

It's all about what happens on the day I guess, I am pretty sure you could do much better in your car, just a case of figuring out what was stopping you going as fast as usual . 13.40 is still respectable regardless and at least you had a go. Was a great day out regardless so no point fretting.

Originally posted by eyefi

good day out, good laugh. nice to see some new faces.

monkey, how red r u today? :)

my head is stinging a bit bur i sort of know what prawns feel like before they get dropped in the boiling hot liquid.

michael i remember doing 14 seconds, each time you go you get used to launching and get better times, sometimes you do what feels like a good run and its not as good as what you thought. sometimes it just clicks into place.

JJ michelles brother in mr2 did a 12.54@111mph his best time, he did not stick around for final shoot out. but i spied nos in his engine :)

I knew I should have borrowed eyefi's crocodile dundee hat..... I put sunblock on my face but not mah heed.

Now it looks like I was wearing a balaclava with the top cut off. The top of my head is like monkey after his laughing fit whilst waiting for the plane to be fixed.

:D

Originally posted by ChrisB

yeah he had nos, but he wasnt running high boost, thats why he was using nos i think he said, he would have beat me aswell, pleased he left i got a trophy :p

his best run was 12.47@112mph so did even better with a 1.8 60 foot. they are good off the mark