The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sudden loss of boost !

Jake

My car has lost all boost. I was accelerating normally when suddenly the power dropped and hasn't come back.

The boost gauge is showing Zero boost at throttle openings that I would normally see about 0.8 bar on first turbo and 1.25 bar for both turbos. Obviously the car is seriously lacking power now but it seems to be running smoothly and not making any smoke.

I've has a look around the engine but I can't see any loose pipes or anything else unusual.

Any suggestions what the problem might be?

What should I check ?

Thanks guys

Can't see anything wrong under the bonnet. I've taken that big pipe off and pressure tested it, it seems airtight. The jubilee clips that fasten it didn't seem to be done up very tight though. There's some oil residue inside the pipe, thats OK is it?

So to get at the rest of the intercooler pipework I have to take the offside wheel liner out, right ?

If its not the intercooler pipe, or the bov, the only other thing i can think of is the waste gate stuck open which controls the boost of the entire system.. Im new to supra's myself so dont take my word for it since i am not sure if that usually happens on a Supra.. im sure someone will come along and correct me!

Originally posted by Jake

Can't see anything wrong under the bonnet. I've taken that big pipe off and pressure tested it, it seems airtight. The jubilee clips that fasten it didn't seem to be done up very tight though. There's some oil residue inside the pipe, thats OK is it?

So to get at the rest of the intercooler pipework I have to take the offside wheel liner out, right ?

Believe me - it will be the intercooler fixing under the battery tray and to the left and down

You take the battery out and the tray - feel round with your hand -

no other way of getting to the bugger!

:thumbs:

Panic not!

Originally posted by Paul E

Believe me - it will be the intercooler fixing under the battery tray and to the left and down

On the battery side ? LOL I was taking it apart on the other side. I'm stuck at the moment trying to get the OS wheel liner out, damn thing won't come out. I'll look under the battery now ,cheers Paul.

On the battery side ? LOL I was taking it apart on the other side. I'm stuck at the moment trying to get the OS wheel liner out, damn thing won't come out. I'll look under the battery now ,cheers Paul.

Could be either side jake , but check under the battery first .

dude:flame Dev

Top rad hose off, or get it tied back out of the way, and a 1/4 drive socket set will loosen the clip, allowing the hose to be slipped back on. Do not overtighten the clip, you will strip its thread or crush the plastic pipe the rubber hose goes over. It's all a bit tight down there but i have done several with no dismantling at all. Witnessed by at least one list member if you doubt me ;) It's almost certainly that hose that's blown off.