The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do-luck bumper fitment - PLEASE help.

SupraStar 3000

Fitting a Do-luck bumper

Please help.

I finally get around to trying Jurgen’s Do-luck bumper this morning.

My mate who works in a bodyshop is fitting this and added some extra strength to sides and smoothed / primed it ready for painting but, to our horror the bumper seems a mile away from the profile of the car.

The side sections seem to be over sized by about 3”. We can physically bend the edges inwards but the area in front of the lights remains to far forward and the wrong profile.

The substantial crash bar/rigidizing bar is completely in the way.

I assume you guys need to remove this or cut it but this seems to be an essential part of the chassis structure.

Also the small angular bar that runs underneath the headlight is also interfering with the fitment and is welded to the car which is required for lighting fitments.

Should this be modified?

From all I have asked this should be an easy job.

What I’m I doing wrong.

I’m stressed :(

Please help.

Ed

You will have to remove the carsh bar m8 - if it doesn't fit elsewhere then you are ****ed

The side sections of the Do-Luck are oversized by 25 mm each side on the originals to fit the overfenders that would normally come with the kit

I have modified my Samurai fronts to reduce this so that they fit...

You physically cannot pull in the outsides - sounds like you will have to cut and fill them - and smooth them round - similarly with the lights section

:(