The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Last weekend Supra Big brake Upgrade

edinlexusV8

I set up a discount for IMOC with Brakes International a fair few years back, I can't remember the specifics now but I bought full new brakes from my MR2 and was impressed with their service, think it was 10% or something like that.

Might be worth seeing if we can get something in place but they are fairly cheap anyway.

I've been waiting on back order from them for over 4 years lol. Every single time without fail I have checked their website they've not had any front calipers.

They order budweg calipers from denmark and if they ran out of stock they can always put ina new order. Or atleast this what I heard from them. I got all my calipers from them and they are all brand new not even a single scratch or chip or rust.

They order budweg calipers from denmark and if they ran out of stock they can always put ina new order. Or atleast this what I heard from them. I got all my calipers from them and they are all brand new not even a single scratch or chip or rust.

Like I said in four years I have yet to see the fronts come up as available. A bit like CW said the RH fronts are the only ones I have ever seen in stock. Don't get me wrong they are awesomely cheap and their discs are exceedingly good value for money, but the holy grail of 4 pots replacements for 2 pots they definitely are not.

Refurbed means they PMS them to bare metal and re-instate the factory surface finish so I would highly doubt that a set of re-furbed calipers would look anything other than spanking new fella.

Anybody looking for this upgrade, the total cost I incurred is

Every thing including postage for the following:

goodridge brake lines,

dust covers,

4 X rear brake shoes,

front and rear shim kit,

Front and rear anti rattle kit,

Front and rear fitting kit,

new front and rear calipers,

Bremtec front drilled and grooved dics,

EBD dimpled and grooved rear discs,

EBC yellow stuff race brake pads front and rear

all in all costed me £1440 + £80 (labour) to put these on.

Nice job. When i had mine done i had a few people say they were the wrong way round, They were wrong but i could see where they were coming from ;)

From memory the rears are handed, so they will only fit on one way around. The grooves should point in the same direction as the front though each side.

The grooves should point to the rear of the car, basically as Chris says you need to swap left to right.

Oh man it only gets ever more confusing. Some say I got it right and others contradict this.

Also I heard that the curved grooves are different from the straight grooves. The curved groves go against the direction of the internal vanes.

So the final question comes down to this, does the internal vanes (not the curved grooves) on the outside edge of a right side rotor should point upwards or downwards w.r.t the centre?

The internal vanes seems to be in opposite direction in these two pics above

No, I think you'll find yours are straight vaned.

Ok Chris, the mechanic came around today to swap the discs over but we found that the internal vanes are curved inwards towards the rears as in the above pic from APRacing, so no need to swap as they are fitted right in the first place :) This is a big relief for me!

Thanks for all you help folks

Edited by edinlexusV8 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...