The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent info required

Badwolf

I know there are a lot of threads on the subject of single turbo conversions for the SZ N/A Auto Supra but having gone through several of them i have still not managed to find what i am looking for so i am turning to you guys to ask for your advise due to time scales involved.

I have sourced and am talking to a guy in Ireland near Belfast about his advert where he is selling his girlfriends SZ-T auto Supra. The list below contain the questions i have asked and the answeres he has supplied.

Who fitted the conversion - my local garage

When was conversion performed - July 2008

What make is the turbo conversion - Pass

What make and type of turbo used - Make pass / model T04B

What BHP is Supra running at - not sure, around 400, can be 500 with conversions to fueling system and remap of ECU.

Mileage of Supra - 53000

Mileage from conversion - pass

Any other mods made due to conversion - no

Does Supra run OK due to conversion - Yes, no problems

Why are you selling Supra - I have TT Supra myself & girlfriend does not like driving hers.

Are you in a Supra owners club - no

The concerns i have is that if the Turbo kit has been fitted correctly and no other mods have been made to support the extra power what work would i be looking to carry out to ensure that the rest of the cars running / electrical systems support the change:question:

I am looking to have a winter project, which was to source a stock TT engine and fit it into my own Supra when i came across the advert for the single SZ auto.

Any advice you can give would be appeciated or should i carry on with my original intentions :question:

Walk away

In fact - :run:

As Rob says, i would walk away.

:yeahthat:

You could ask him for some pics for a laugh

I thought this may be the advise but i think i was waiting to hear it from you guys before making the final decision.

I have asked for pics and as of yet have not received any:question:

sell yours and buy an auto tt :)

I have also thought about this option but would i want to perform surgery on the TT lump as it carries alot of power standard or does it :idea: perhaps single conversion or twin hybrid upgrade may be the way to go :question: Oh to many options :banghead:

if its the guy i'm thinking of, he had it on ebay and said he had converted it to na-t so it would draw(sp?) more interest than a normal na and he had not done anything else other than stick a turbo on it, no fuel control or anything and he said on his auction 'it runs fine'. I think it was red and it was in NI, he also only converted it a matter of weeks before putting it uo for sale. this was back in august.

if its the guy i'm thinking of, he had it on ebay and said he had converted it to na-t so it would draw(sp?) more interest than a normal na and he had not done anything else other than stick a turbo on it, no fuel control or anything and he said on his auction 'it runs fine'. I think it was red and it was in NI, he also only converted it a matter of weeks before putting it uo for sale. this was back in august.

It could very well be the same one but the advert was on Auto trader, which has now been taken off.

After listening to all your comments it would seem to be a foolist thing to follow up on the sale.

I have deceided to give up on this adventure as a bad idea and will look to go down the road of selling my N/A for a TT in the near future.

Thanks for input

Edited by Badwolf
update with thanks (see edit history)