The mkiv Supra Owners Club

W58 Conversion with a Spec 3+ clutch, Torsen Diff, and everything for conversion

DodgyRog

As the title

£1,200 collected from SRD

My Supra has just gone through the 100k miles of which I have done 60k of them

I am not going to say I drive it gently all the time, but I certainly don't punish my cars

It was a daily commute car for most of my miles, so rattled up and down the motorway mainly

As far as I am aware there are no issues with the gearbox, the clutch judders a bit on the bite point, but that is normal, other than that no weird or unexpected noises etc

Gearbox is only coming out of my Supra as I am going V160

The gearbox will be available at the end of March ish and will need collecting from SRD (near Gatwick)

Lee at SRD can fit it for a fee, but you need to contact him for that

Any questions I will try to answer

£1200 (£200 non refundable deposit to hold it)

I'll take that please mate. All pedals and stuff yea?

Okay Jezz, should be everything needed for the conversion, I will put it on hold for you pending a deposit

Before you pay a deposit though, do you want to speak to LeeP and double check exactly what will be there, as he has all the bits from the 6-speed conversion kit to put in

To my understanding, everything is complete in my kit, meaning everything will be swapped out for this kit if you get what I mean

- - - Updated - - -

will all the peddels ect be up for sale as im looking for a manual convo with out the box

Plan to sell as a totally complete kit at this stage

This is what is in my V160 kit, plus I am getting a diff from Lee

V160

Shifter

Clutch

Master cylinder and pipe

Slave cylinder and pipe

Front section of prop

Brake peddle

Clutch peddle

Gear surround

So all of the above will be available in the W58 kit, don't think you would need anything else except the Manual Tunnel if needed

Ok cool, I'll drop Lee a message to make sure everything's good. How do you want paying? I can bacs the whole lot if you want, not 100% sure when I'll get down to pick it up.

Bacs is fine with me, but Jen has gone to bed, so I will Pm you the details tomorrow evening

I am happy to take it all or you can just put down a deposit until it is out of the car

It should be out of the car during the week after Easter is the plan

You can arrange with Lee about collection anytime after it is out obviously

I am sure Lee will be happy to give it a test drive and check over for you too

Excellent, fire me your details tomorrow and I'll send some over to secure it, then just let me know when it's out. :thumbs:

That's cool Jezz

As I say, ask Lee to give it a quick test if you want, before he removes it

Not sure what power you are planning to put through it, but if it's just NA sort of power I would put a stock clutch back in and sell on the Spec 3+

Haven't decided on NA-T or TT yet. I've sourced a full TT conversion but it's spun a shell, if I can get it at the right price I'll use my block and crank and make it good.

The Spec 3+ is the right one for you then, held my BPU power with no problem, although I never really pushed it hard

It's just a bit noisy on the bite point, but that's uprated clutches, although the pedal feel is almost as easy as stock

This is what is in my V160 kit, plus I am getting a diff from Lee

V160

Shifter

Clutch

Master cylinder and pipe

Slave cylinder and pipe

Front section of prop

Brake peddle

Clutch peddle

Gear surround

So all of the above will be available in the W58 kit, don't think you would need anything else except the Manual Tunnel if needed

Good price on this conversion.

I'm currently in the process of doing a manual conversion on my car, as well as the tunnel section, you'll also need a spigot bearing (about £10), and I would recommend using new flywheel bolts as they are torque to yield (ARP ones are around £40 iirc).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.