The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aristo 2JZGTE AUTO GEARBOX TORQUE CONVERTER AND FLYWHEEL JZS161

dfrancis85

That's a pretty one. :love:

Do you have the prop, or front section of prop to go with it?

I never have, yet the prop-flange and/or tail sections I understand can be swapped to make it alternative auto prop compatible, the breather could stay and the sockets and plumbing are plug & play.

Alternatively, this could be Hybridised without d!ck!ng with the tail section and used for a V8 Soarer installation and utilise the stock Soarer prop.

J_Meiser is planning to fit a Hybrid to his 1UZ-FE and could be interested, the Aristo front prop section would mate with a T.T. Supra rear section to make up a pair that would fit his Supra.

Delboy52 is a source for either the tail shaft components required to convert the box, or the rear T.T. auto prop section for plan B.

I'll link this thread to the find it section in the Transmission Group.

That's a pretty one. :love:

Do you have the prop, or front section of prop to go with it?

I never have, yet the tail sections I understand can be swapped to make it T.T. auto prop compatible, the breather could stay and the sockets and plumbing are plug & play.

Alternatively, this could be Hybridised without d!ck!ng with the tail section and used for a V8 Soarer installation and utilise the stock Soarer prop.

J_Meiser is planning to fit a Hybrid to his 1UZ-FE and could be interested, the Aristo front prop section would mate with a T.T. Supra rear section to make up a pair that would fit his Supra.

Delboy52 is a source for either the tail shaft components required to convert the box, or the rear T.T. auto prop section for plan B.

I'll link this thread to the find it section in the Transmission Group.

Thanks appreciated, I'm afraid this is all I have, no prop :search:

I just purchased the engine and box together.

The engine is going in my kit car and the I have already converted it to a BMW manual.

OEM ECU will be going up for sale next as I'm going single turbo.

Supra's don't like Aristo ECU's.

I have alerted JM, it shouldn't be too much hassle to find either a T.T. auto or Aristo front prop section? Or maybe he already has this on his present build?

Folks either bin these things, or think they are rare items. :D

If you buy it, make sure that you get all of the no. 11 crank and torque-converter bolts, I have just given the last of my No. 11 crank bolts to Jagman for his 1J-GTE Flappy-Paddle Hybrid Soarer build.

We can use the flex-plate, torque-converter, bell-housing, sump, dipstick and cross-member from your present transmission to suit it to your V8 application and with a bit of tweaking about, an N/A bottom fluid line becomes a plug & play fit.

Haha how weird... Just realised that I know J-Meiser...! I used to play B ball with him!

J, I'll call you tomorrow mate and we can work out if it will fit.. Or you can just take it for a while and mock up.

Small world!

Thanks for the hook up Dave P

It's a small world indeed! No worries, speak to you tomorrow :thumbs:!

You're welcome, I hope that you enjoy hooking balls again like you did in the good old days. :D

I'm sure that we will ;)

That snatched success from the jza of disaster. :D

df, That previously believed impossible feat was so slick that I forgot to compliment you or whoever, for correctly preparing the torque converter for transport or storage, fortunately, we don't need the lines. Lovely and clean too for a nice change. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.