The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1995 Jspec Custom Wide body Single Turbo Supra \ fully built engine 700hp @1.7bar

michel lane

After 14 months of enjoyable use, I have to let one of my supra's go . This is my Red wide body project that i started 4 years ago, It's based on my White cars spec but tamed down for normal use. I wanted to build another car that was not as loud and hard to drive as my other car, so I started the work on this project. I wanted a car that fills the following :

1:Same body design

2:Same wheels

3:Easy to change gear without having a huge left calf muscle

4:No noise coming from the various clutch plates - rattle noise because of after market clutchs

5:Easy to use on a daily basis , without making to much attention with the noise

6:Very usable HP in all gears - smaller turbo

7:More comfortable ride

8:The comforts still working , hi-fi /aircon

9:Not silly horse power that it scares the living day out of me.

Unfortunately when I started on my first Supra, it was everything. so I purchased all the large intake manifold, large turbo's, big cam's, 4 inch exchaust, carbon carbon triple plate clutch, solid bushes 8 pot brakes , fully built engine ...etc...

This time round it was more of a better combination that worked well with the car. As various people are aware ,Myself and Ian Wally put together several supra's in the past and they ran very well , unfortunately due to work commitments and health problems I had to stop the hobby. This car has been put together correctly, with all the nessary items to accomodate the power levels. Nothing has been overlooked even the replacement bolts have been changed on all the fitments, these are marine grade SS bolts and washers costing mega money. They have plastic caps over every bolt for cosmetics. The only thing that I would change with this car to make it ideal is to change the isolation cover for the bonnet, as its looking a bit worn , other people mentioned there is nothing wrong with it.

All internal gauges have been mounted correctly ,All additional electrical items have been installed using custom relays and fuse holders. Have a search on my name and you can see when the car was being built a year ago, there are pics of the fuel system and engine bay minus the bumper. It shows you all the oil coolers /power steering coolers and hoses. The underside of the car has been fully waxoiled, every thing that is exposed to the road is waxoiled.

As a car, it looks the same condition as when it was put together. Please remember that about 90% of the parts replaced were new , such a water pump, sensors, harmonic dampener , timing star, oil pump, alternator etc ...I have not cut back on this car at all . The manifold is an OBX unit , many people go for the SP/BOOSTLOGIC/HKS/Greddy . I have built around 9 supra's with Ian and if you compare a OBX unit with a Boostlogic \Greddy unit , they look VERY simular. I have had no problems with this brand at all, the quality is better then some branded items that I have used in the past.

The car has various boost options , i have them set to 1.2bar and 1.5bar at the moment , my last dyno 5 weeks ago was @ 1.5 bar and it produced 600lb and 635hp on a dyno dynamics @ RS tunning in Leeds. I have the Dyno printout for this. I also have a Dyno printout when it was tuned at Surry rolling road with Ryan G, it managed 702hp @ 1.7 bar . See YOUTUBE there is a film on there . Unfortunately I dont have the need for speed anymore , running 1.2bar is fast enough for me and 1.5bar scares the living daylights out of me . If the new owner wishes to become a dyno queen , you can turn the boost up if you wish , but it has to be done by a tuner, so they can check everything. I removed the electronic boost controller and have a switch now.

Please see specification and I am asking £23k for the car, the milage is around 68k , but this means nothing as I have changed everything on the car.

Turbocharger & Induction:

Borg warner s300sx 91-79 0.91 twin scroll turbo

Custom OBX 321 Stainless Steel Manifold

60mm Turbo smart Wastegate

3” Custom Down pipe with flexi joint

3” Custom mid pipe with flexi joint

5” K&N Air Filter

Polished Plenum

Polished Throttle Body

Custom Heat shield

Engine Specifications: Fully built

ARP Head Studs

ARP Rod Bolts

ARP Main Bolts

ACL GOLD Rod Bearings

ACL GOLD Main Bearings

ACL GOLD Thrust Washers

Forged CP pistons 87MM

Forged EagleRods

1.6mm cosmatics performance headgasket

Sound performance oil pump

180amp Sound performance polished alternator

Toyota harmonic dampaner

Fully Balanced and Line Honed Block

HKS 264 Race Cams IN/EX

Brian Crower Uprated Spring

Titanium Retainers

TRD Thermostat

TRD Polished Oil Filler Cap

CustomWater Neck

GReddy Timing Belt

Tial 50mm polished bov

Alloy Header Tank

Polished Top Rad Hose

Polished Cam Covers

Polished FMIC Cover

Polished Washer Cap with Supra Logo

Polished Brake Fluid Cap with Supra Logo

Polished Power Steering Cap with Supra Logo

Sound performance oil lines \ returns

Cooling:

Blitz 4” Front Mount Intercooler with 3 inch Custom Piping

16 row Mocal Oil Cooler with 7 inch electric fan -12an lines

24 row Mocal Transmission cooler (power steering) -8an lines

AAP Dual electric fans with polished fan shroud

Remote oil filter relocation kit -12an lines

All IC pipes have been powdercoated custom made

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

AEM ecu version 1

AEM wide band with gauge

Aem boost control solenoid

GM 3 bar map sensor

HKS DLI 2

Toyota resistor pack

Boostlogic billet 3 pump fuel hanger - 2 * Walbro pumps currently installed

Aeromotive FPR

Aeromotive race Fuel filter 100micron filter – 12an lines

-12an re-enforced pertex fuel lines

Precision 1000cc Injectors

Sound performance Polished Top Mount Fuel Rail

Exhaust:

3” HKS Super Dragger 2 exhaust system

3” Stainless steel Mid pipe with flexi joints

3” Stainless steel Down pipe with Flexi joints

Drivetrain:

Stock 6 speed gearbox

RPS street max single plate clutch (700lb torque) unit.

Wax-oiled underbody

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes:

FIC-2 magic 32 way adjustable suspension

FIC Racing Pillow ball Top mounts

TRD Chrome Front Strut Brace

Volk racing forged 11 inch rear wheels / 9.5 inch front with correct veilside offset

Toyo R888 295 *30 *18 rear

Toyo T1255 *35 * 18 fronts

UK Spec Front / Rear Brakes

Brembo grooved and crossdrilled rear/front disks

EBC yellow stuff brake pads

Stainless steel Braided Brake Lines

AP 551 Brake and Clutch Fluid

Interior:

Cobra Minsano carbon fiber full leather seats

Cobra Seat runners

Custom Leather rear seats and arm rest to match Cobra colours

60mm Defi BF series Fuel pressure

60mm Defi BF series Oil Pressure Gauge

60mm Defi BF series Oil Temp Gauge

60mm Defi BF series ETG gauge

Twin A-pillar Pod

Full Dash Resprayed in Satin Black

Exterior:

Full custom wide body kit / veilside arches (blended and reinforced )

Do-Luck Front Bumper –crash bar intact

Trial Rear Bumper – crash foam intact

Ablug type 2 Rear Spoiler

Clear Side Markers

ICE:

JVC Double Din

Pioneer way 6.5” Speakers Front

Pioneer 3 way 6.5” Speakers Rear

M.O.T - 11 months

Tax -4 months remaining , I dont use this car in the Winter !!!

There maybe some bits that I have forgotten, but please contact me if you have any questions :

[email protected] / 07770308865 / or PM me .

Thanks for looking

I had a viewing on Sunday . He arrived in a Ford Focas RS, after a 1 hour conversation and test drive in the supra @ 1.2 bar he did not seem a happy bunny, he admitted that the Focus in his eyes was very fast , but after getting out of the supra and into his chipped Focus , it felt like a micra . Unfortunately I dont think people understand how fast these cars are and pub talk 500bhp seems to be pub talk, but in reality it is around 300hp on most cars . He admitted that going from a front wheel drive car to a rear wheel drive 700hp rocket is going to loose his license rapidly . Thats was strange how I only took him out at 1.2 bar = 550hp/500lb

For some reason he thought that 700hp would be slower ?? .

So the first serious enquiry and he thought it was to fast for him .... I think I am going to advertise it as 500hp and drop the boost down on the ECU...;)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.