The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stainless steel caliper pistons and caliper pins

Chris Wilson

I now have a stock of front and rear pistons for UK calipers. I also have stainless brake pin kits for the UK calipers. i will sell as either full sets, or just fronts or rears as required.

Fronts are £18 per piston and rears are £21 per piston. I also have the special material square section seals that go between the caliper halves when you split them to replace the pistons. These are not even listed, let alone available from Toyota. They are £4.50 each and there are two per caliper. They must be changed... P&P for pistons is £7.80 to UK postcode addresses, sent insured and trackable. Brake pin kits in stainless for all four UK calipers are £38 a set, plus £5.80 insured P&P, or at YOUR RISK, £2.50 by un-trackable Royal Mail parcel. I am hoping to offer caliper piston seals and dust / water boots shortly at a saving on Toyota prices, but for now you need to get these from a Toyota main agent. I am happy to rebuild calipers for people, but don't want to get involved painting in other than black Kephos, or in powder coating them.

Payment by bank transfer or Paypal plus 4%. Prices are plus VAT. I do not take credit card payments, sorry.

Orders by **E-MAIL** please. I have 12 fronts and 6 rears at the moment. J-Spec pistons coming very VERY soon. By using stainless you will stop further seizure by the chrome plating on stock pistons pitting and flaking and general rust issues on old standard Toyota pistons.

If you don't know what you are doing take your calipers to a professional, the old pistons need to be nearly all the way out BEFORE you remove the calipers from the hydraulic system on the car!!!!! This means pumping them out evenly, with an assistant holding "eager" pistons back with a lever, with no pads in the caliper, one caliper at a time, then wedging the pistons that are almost out whilst you move to the next one, remove the pads and do the same again. Home made wooden wedges etecetera work fine. Getting partially seized pistons out of calipers on the bench is a nightmare.

I now have a stock of front and rear pistons for UK calipers. I also have stainless brake pin kits for the UK calipers. i will sell as either full sets, or just fronts or rears as required.

Fronts are £18 per piston and rears are £21 per piston. I also have the special material square section seals that go between the caliper halves when you split them to replace the pistons. These are not even listed, let alone available from Toyota. They are £4.50 each and there are two per caliper. They must be changed... P&P for pistons is £7.80 to UK postcode addresses, sent insured and trackable. Brake pin kits in stainless for all four UK calipers are £38 a set, plus £5.80 insured P&P, or at YOUR RISK, £2.50 by un-trackable Royal Mail parcel. I am hoping to offer caliper piston seals and dust / water boots shortly at a saving on Toyota prices, but for now you need to get these from a Toyota main agent. I am happy to rebuild calipers for people, but don't want to get involved painting in other than black Kephos, or in powder coating them.

Payment by bank transfer or Paypal plus 4%. Prices are plus VAT. I do not take credit card payments, sorry.

Orders by **E-MAIL** please. I have 12 fronts and 6 rears at the moment. J-Spec pistons coming very VERY soon. By using stainless you will stop further seizure by the chrome plating on stock pistons pitting and flaking and general rust issues on old standard Toyota pistons.

If you don't know what you are doing take your calipers to a professional, the old pistons need to be nearly all the way out BEFORE you remove the calipers from the hydraulic system on the car!!!!! This means pumping them out evenly, with an assistant holding "eager" pistons back with a lever, with no pads in the caliper, one caliper at a time, then wedging the pistons that are almost out whilst you move to the next one, remove the pads and do the same again. Home made wooden wedges etecetera work fine. Getting partially seized pistons out of calipers on the bench is a nightmare.

How much would a full kit cost for the both front calipers posted? and how much for the full kit for both the rears posted?

When i spoke to toyota yesterday i was quoted £21.04 for the fronts and £17.02 for the rears. (excluding vat!!).

Are you sure you didn't get the prices back to front? The rears are slightly bigger IIRC.

Regardless, I wouldn't be buying them from Mr T ;)

]Are you sure you didn't get the prices back to front? The rears are slightly bigger IIRC.

Regardless, I wouldn't be buying them from Mr T

No, i think the fronts are 42.8 dia and the rears 40.4. I also asked about the caliper refurb

kits and couldn't understand why they are both the same price, even though you need twice

as much stuff for the fronts.

• 3 months later...

any sign of the j-spec caliper piston kits for the rears yet chris??

interested in this as i need to refurb the rears

btw do you sell the seal kit for them aswell?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.