The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mines ECU for 6SPD manual TT

Scott

As above. Runs as stock with all the added tricks....

Remapped more aggressively throughout the rev range.

Fuel cut removed.

Speed limiter removed.

Rev limit set to 8000rpm.

Stock boost raised to 1.1 bar.

As you can see above it has a lot of advantages over the stock ecu. For me the main one was the fact I didn't need to splice into the looms in order to fit FCDs and Delimiter chips.

£300 posted plus I'll need a stock tt 6spd ecu in exchange.

Did you notice much of a difference when going from a stock ecu to this, or was this always in the car?

I've always had this ecu in my car but I have driven quite a few TTs and none of them have felt as responsive and aggressive as mine. When my car was running 0.9bar due to a fault I still pulled away from another tt running 1.1.

I guess it's a suck it and see thing regarding that front, the main advantages are the lack of wiring and additional boxes really. In fact someone with a Delimiter and fcd could get a fair bit of money back swapping them out for this lol.

Is there much benifit to reving to 8k?

Without cams there isn't really a great benefit as the power does start to tail off quite noticeably. However, the stock limit is rubbish so being able to take your changes up to around 7200/7500 makes a huge difference IMO.

8k in a stock setup is pointless, the option to change up at 7.3k is fantastic though.

I've always had this ecu in my car but I have driven quite a few TTs and none of them have felt as responsive and aggressive as mine. When my car was running 0.9bar due to a fault I still pulled away from another tt running 1.1.

I guess it's a suck it and see thing regarding that front, the main advantages are the lack of wiring and additional boxes really. In fact someone with a Delimiter and fcd could get a fair bit of money back swapping them out for this lol.

Ok thanks Scott, I'll have a think about it.

How many types of fuel have you tried with it? Jap gas is usually high octane only, so the ECu might be mapped for that. Have you had a drive through Europe and tried different types and octanes?

Does it "delimit" the cruise control as well?

Why are you selling?

How many types of fuel have you tried with it? Jap gas is usually high octane only, so the ECu might be mapped for that. Have you had a drive through Europe and tried different types and octanes?

Does it "delimit" the cruise control as well?

Why are you selling?

No idea about the cruise control. I've only ever ran the car on vpower as well. I wouldn't recommend going any lower to be honest but that's the same with all jspecs.

At stock/bpu levels you're actually best changing up around 6500RPM anyway.

My tacho might be out but I find 7k the best for fast driving. Not sure about drag racing though.

I have just seen it not remapable .why though someone must have mapped it in the first place . I may be interested in this but i would like to know power gains and know that the car is running safe with it on . (to 8000rpm fueling that is ) Rich.

Well, it was Mines that mapped it. They will have locked the map though, the same as Toyota do once they have set it.

Power gains over stock are considerable, the fact that it boosts to 1.1bar explains that. Gains for BPU will be mostly mid level linearity. It is a more agressive map meaning that it will pick up better and give better throttle response. Up top I don't think you will see too much of a gain as the turbos are really at their limits with BPU. You might see a few HP more, much the same as a piggyback ECU.

I've not known of any cars blowing with the Mines ECU and I certainly never had any issues with it. As said though, I wouldn't drop any lower than 99RON. That's the same as I would say for the stock ecu though.

I see , i was just asking as i have never had dealings with ecus for the supra's as yet ,all the stuff i have done has been honda ecus and honda mapping . So the mines is a uprated standard ecu for want of a better words then and untunable due to being lock after it was mapped .

I have my own rolling road so if i buy it ill be able to give you the gains it makes . as you said in your other posts i can then remove the fuel cut defender and the speed limiter chip from the back of the clocks ? will i be able to run 1.2 bar as im doing now or not with my fcd removed and running the mines ecu.

sorry for all the question but its the only way to learn . Rich.

Yes mate, exactly. Before stripping down I was running 1.2 bar with an ebc so no worries on that front. No need for the Delimiter or the fuel cut defender anymore so you can sell them on.

My car also reads in miles and mph, not sure how it does that as I didnt notice anything behind my clocks lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.