The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High pitched noise from behind throttle body

bradleyh_15

Is it there all the time or only at tickover Brad?

Have you checked all the intercooler pipework to be sure nothing is loose?

Should have said I checked all the intercooler pipework and tightened all the couplings and clips. It is at tick over and partial throttle but then disappears.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but Looks like I have exact the same problem!

With me being NA-t and having a FFIM my throttle body sits in the same place.

It only dose it to around 2k revs then stops if you go past, its very annoying as its so loud when stepping back off the throttle!

It sounds like somthing to do with inlet pressure as it Dosnt get louder or change tone the faster you go its the same tone all the way through but if your going up hill for example it will stop making the noise at say 1.5k and going down hill it will stop when you reach 2.8-3k revs.

My inlet pressure on my TRU boost gauge is showing up perfect and so is my A/F on my wide band so I don't think its a vacume leak, and with it being the same as the op above I'm sure its the power sterring pump!

Has anybody else experienced this just before I try and swap them out? Or could it be that it needs bleeding? I know normally its a grinding noise when it needs bleeding but might be worth a try.

Thanks guys ;)