The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removed 2nd cat only. Restrictor Ring needed?

Tonz

I think it's conventionally a bit frowned upon to only remove the second Cat' HOWEVER... I've been running BPU+ for 3 years with that spec (1st Cat' in; 2nd Decat') and had absolutely no problems. No restrictor ring, as the cat' provides the additional restriction that the stock wastegate can't cope with at increased boost.

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)

2.5inch decat will be fine. First cat will be enough of a restriction to avoid overboosting.

Is there much of a benefit just taking the second cat out John? What kind of HP increase would you envisage?

My VVTi Tip is completely stock with the exception of an RS-R from the second cat back. Just wondered if fitting one decat would make much of a difference to the power output.

Cheers

Havard, you would be better off taking out the 1st decat and leaving in the 2nd. The 2nd one is far less restrictive yet it still allows an MOT pass on emissions. It's win win really.

You would probably still require a restrictor ring though.

Taking off the 2nd decat would probably net you around 0.1bar of boost. Will be the equivilant of around 15-20hp. No restrictor ring required in this setup.

My Plan is to get and fit the 2nd de-cat, then buy a 1st de-cat, pump and plugs when funds come in, I have an HKS F-Con that im told can be mapped to act as a FCD, but how will i know if it is already mapped to enable this or not?? Or is it a fact of waiting to double decat and trying it??

Cheers