The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham Track Day 12th April 2008

heckler

Ladies and Gents, I now have the official word regarding the RAF Marham Track Day. The Forum (Me) Has been allocated 30 places for saturday 12th April. For those who came last year, there has been a price increase, so the cost for the day will be £70 and payment will be required UPFRONT.

When you send me you details (as listed below) I would like you to send the payment to me as will be collecting the money for the event. Ideally I'd like cheques (details of who to make payable to are below) And I then send them on as a group. The Cut Off date is 14th March. ANY Applicants after this date will not be allowed to attend.

Please note, due to lack of space, only vehicles driving on the event will be allowed access (excluding towing vehicles) - all passengers must arrive in participating vehicles.

Please READ ALL of the invite!!! - All Details are to be PM'd to me - and I'll let you know what my address is as I dont want to openly display it!

This is the official Invite from the organiser.

----------

RAF Marham Charity Track Day Weekend

RAF Marham would like to invite you to a charity track day weekend on 12th and 13th April 2008.

The track uses a combination of the airfield's main runway and taxiways resulting in a track that is around 3 miles long consisting of wide, smooth tarmac and concrete with lots of safe run offs – There will be approx 1 mile of the main runway in use with many sweeping curves and chicanes along the taxiways.

It will run from around 9am to 5pm on both days, split into 30 or 60-minute sessions depending on numbers attending. All the necessary facilities, such as toilets, catering, drinks, marshalling, medical and fire cover to support the event will be on hand, and RAF Marham’s gliding club will be operating for air experience flights.

You will need a helmet, normal seat belts as a minimum, and a fire extinguisher that will need to be secured in the car (that doesn't mean a plumbed in system). Race suits are not needed, but preferably natural fibre clothing with full sleeves and legs. Cars must be safe and road worthy; if the car is driven to the event then it must have valid insurance, road tax and MOT.

Note there are no noise restrictions as RAF Marham operates far noisier fast-jets through the week! Sharing a car is OK (i.e. alternating drivers between sessions) and drivers are allowed to carry one passenger, but they must also comply with regard to helmet, clothing etc and be over 16 years of age. The entry fee is per car entered, not per driver but all drivers and passengers will need to sign a disclaimer. Spectating is not a possibility unless the individual is coming to assist someone who is driving - the reason for this is quite simple - the event insurance premiums and Health & Safety requirements go through the roof astronomically otherwise, so by restricting it to participants and assistants, it makes the event manageable, safer, more relaxed and enjoyable and importantly keeps the cost down to you.

It is important to note that the track does attract stones and if you drive directly behind the car in front along the main straights your car could be subject to stone chips. If you’re worried about this it is advisable to fit bonnet protection or drive with this in mind throughout the event.

The atmosphere of the event is relaxed, enjoyable and safe. Price is £70 per day or £120 for the weekend with every penny going to charity. We are expecting a high number of participants so it is advisable to get your name down early. Please ensure that when you send your details to your forum coordinator you also send payment. This speed up the overall process and prevent problems we have had in previous years with people taking up places and not turning up on the day. Payment will confirm the individuals’ entry to the event.

PLEASE NOTE

RAF Marham is a front line operational air base and as such, any operational commitments on that weekend would lead to the Track day being cancelled. This is however quite unlikely but prior notice will be given and any money paid up front would be fully reimbursed. But we are not liable for any travel, accommodation or other costs incurred if the event is cancelled at short notice.

IMPORTANT

For security reasons, every person entering the Base including all passengers must be security vetted in advance. To this end the RAF Marham organiser requires the following details from all visiting civilians, namely the drivers and passengers by 14th March 2008 (4 weeks prior to the event) to allow time for the security team to check everyone. The details required are listed below and it must be stressed that they will be held in the strictest of confidence:

PAYMENT by Cheque/Postal Order (Cheques made payable to: Service Funds RAF Marham and signed and dated!)

Payment should only be sent to the forum coordinator – not directly to RAF Marham.

Name

Address

Tel No.

Date of Birth

Place of Birth

Passport No. (if possible)

Car make and model (of towing vehicle if your car is trailored)

Car registration

Please contact your forum coordinator if you have any questions.

Don't forget all the money raised goes to some very worthwhile charities!

------------

Like it says, any questions please just ask me!

This Invite is NOT to be published on any other forum, or spoken out in public. Invite Only

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I paid for the last one but had to pull out. I explained why and asked for a refund a week before the event but didn't get one. Can I come to this one instead?

I'm sorry about that, but refunds are beyond my control! I'm affraid you cannot use last trackday money (already paid) for this one, as its a different event, and a different organiser.

ALL the money goes to charity - bar a small amount required to cover the motorsport licence for the airfield.

1. Pig : sat/sun

2. Mike B

3. supra_aero

4. Gaz1 and boy: sat/sun

5. Ashbhp : sat

6. Wez : sat/sun

7. b'have

8. Jaymdee

9. Ryan.g

10. McGoo

11. JamieP : sat

12. colsoop

13. Johnd-mkiv

14. Robbie

15. suprafan72

16. Supra Pilot : sat/sun

17. TLicense: sat/sun

18. SteveL

Si, if I tow the car through the gates does that constitute a valid tow car :innocent: - I'll never get wheels and fuel in the car!

1. Pig : sat/sun

2. Mike B

3. supra_aero

4. Gaz1 and boy: sat/sun

5. Ashbhp : sat

6. Wez : sat/sun

7. b'have

8. Jaymdee

9. Ryan.g

10. McGoo

11. JamieP : sat

12. colsoop

13. Johnd-mkiv

14. Robbie

15. suprafan72

16. Supra Pilot : sat/sun

17. TLicense: sat/sun

18. SteveL

Si, if I tow the car through the gates does that constitute a valid tow car :innocent: - I'll never get wheels and fuel in the car!

yep. :D