The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Double Decat...now iv blue smoke??

suprab

Hi all,

Just put the double decat on my `95 jspec tt.. noticed after a few minutes on idle when i take off again it puts out a little cloud of blue smoke.. then its fine again while driving till i leave it idle again??

Does any body else have this problem or is it only on the ones that are dying??

Thanks,

Brian

its a fairly common problem after a full decat. I think its because it reduces the back pressure against the turbo and the seals leak a little bit. Some people drop a cat back in, others just change the grade of oil they are using, and some just put up with it and enjoy the extra power the decat brings.

JB

Cheers guys,

the extra power is sweet.. cant believe it was hiding behind those cats. I would put one back in if i thought it would stop the clouds but think i would have to modify the exhaust as they dont look like they can go together.. ill try a different oil first.. any particular type or grade you can recomend?? failing that is the turbo seals difficult/expnsive to do??

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks.. ya i guess it would cost a fair bit.. was kinda hoping there would be i little seal somewhere! 5 minute job!! ill give the Silkolene Pro S 10w50 a shot and see what happens.. it not a big deal really its jsut where i live there are not many supras so it gets alot of attention and id hate people to comment on the smoke.. but that extra power is nice

Had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. so I popped the second cat back in and no more blue smoke. I have not notice too much in the power differance with the second cat back in from when it was fully decatted. Still achieving 1.0 bar of boost as well.

Really.. that would be perfect.. sorry if its a stupid question but i take it the second one is the longer one towards the end..right? its just the original cats seam to have a different ending and will not go onto my decat..decat has a flat flange and original cat has like an extra ring??