The mkiv Supra Owners Club

500 Bhp

ndwgolf

Hi Neil and welcome to the club.

I live just up the road from you in Hong Kong, I'm British but been living out here for the last 10 years. Where are you from and what do you do in Thailand?

I run my own tuning part export business here, so if you ever need any thing over there just give me a shout (see Import Pimp in traders section), as postage there should be pretty cheap.

Do your research on here before going ahead with the single install, there are a lot of members who can help with advice, so you make the right choice for your needs. Best place to start would be to explain what you want from the car in terms of power and how it is going to be used (street, drag, track, etc.)

Any pics and current spec of the car?

NIC

Thanks to everyone for all your replies; living here in Thailand we are limited to what is available due to the 40% to 120% import duty on aftermarket car parts. Supra’s were classed as a luxury item when they were imported many years ago with a 100 plus import tax on them (I just paid US$53.000.00 for a 11 year old car)

My car has had very little modifications done to the engine, below are the modifications that I know of and maybe others that were lost in the Translation:

1 differential gear big size 3.7

2 gear limited

3 limited slip 80% cusco

4 clutch ORC

5 shock up tein

6 twin turbo join together when it opens

7 HKS intercooler

8 Greddy Turbo Boost Controller

9 Defi gauges

10 Volka Rims with 275/35/18 and 245/40/18

11 Big Ass HKS exhaust 4” I think

What I want is more speed (acceleration) as I said before when I first came back to Bangkok it was to fix the power steering, while at the shop I got a taste for speed and now need that speed, the package that he offered me was what he had on the shelf he did say that he could order me the HKS kit but that came in at around 18K American and that is way out of my league?

He has offered to just install the ECU without the single turbo and in his words “I would see the difference” with just that BUT he says that in less than 3 months time I will be back again looking for the 500 RWHP, so if I can afford it now why not save myself a 2000k round trip and get it done now.

I will talk with Ott tomorrow and pass on some of the comments and see what he thinks, like I said before thanks for all the replies if you think that I am seriously f*****g up here then please let me know as the plan is to start the work on Monday?

Thanks

Neil

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2268/supra16dw.jpg

Do you think you could get 500 bhp out of stock tubs (UK spec)..??

cause thats my goal..!!! :)

Yes, but you need to use methods that nobody else does.;)

I may finalise my precomp injection and do a full writeup later towards the summer, work permitting.

It's not a top priority though.:(

hi neil, nice car

sorry for the of topic but i have a orc clutch in my T88 supra and i find it a real pain to use, very snatchey, how do you get on with yours?

No problem now but at the begin it was a nightmare, nearly impossible to pull away on a hill start (embarrassing) and like you say very snatchey but now i just give it 2k plus rpm at the lights and she will slip enough to pull away and the knack is to be revving UP when you change i.e. wait until you are at 3 to 4 k reeves and then just before you dip the clutch push it to 5k and she will pop in nice and smooth.

Give it a try i took me 3 weeks to master it?

Do you think you could get 500 bhp out of stock tubs (UK spec)..??

cause thats my goal..!!! :)

Make that a 'yes':D

Done a 532 at the hubs, that's with no transmission bull added yet, so for most people that would be well over 600 'flywheel'.

Singles eat your heart out, this one pushes one bar at 2.2K:tongue:

UKSpec just like yours - the 550cc injectors were flat out though AFR 12.7 at full power, maxed out really.

That's with Tesco99 fuel and 1.35bar boost.

Two pumps spraying flat out, one split before each compressor 80%water 20%meth, the other one 50/50 right before the throttle.

Both tanks were empty after all the runs, I had to take it easy going back home.:cool:

Bit more than I expected, wasn't sure if it would break the 500 barrier at that boost level.

Done a 532 at the hubs

surely you've got to be well outside the turbos efficient operating range there and generating an awefull lot of heat, i'me not disputing your dyno figures but how long are you expecting the turbos to hold together at this level

surely you've got to be well outside the turbos efficient operating range there and generating an awefull lot of heat, i'me not disputing your dyno figures but how long are you expecting the turbos to hold together at this level

The turbos are indeed operating outside their design parameters, but not as far as you'd think.

While the injection is operating they are stressed more like stockies at 1.0-1.1 bar. They compress a thicker medium that absorbs a LOT of heat without cavitating and overheating the blades. That's the whole idea:)

The resulting air temps are surprisingly close to ambient, so the SMIC hasn't got much to do;)

The second round of mist is more for in-cylinder cooling and slight octane improvement under full load - so the ECU doesn't retard like mad.

Sort of DIY race fuel equivalent (second stage)

I haven't tried it with race fuel, because that wouldn't be an 'everyday' streetcar any more. Even now I'm pushing the definition, as it needs replenishing the tanks after a wild ride.

The turbos are indeed operating outside their design parameters, but not as far as you'd think.

While the injection is operating they are stressed more like stockies at 1.0-1.1 bar. They compress a thicker medium that absorbs a LOT of heat without cavitating and overheating the blades. That's the whole idea:)

The resulting air temps are surprisingly close to ambient, so the SMIC hasn't got much to do;)

The second round of mist is more for in-cylinder cooling and slight octane improvement under full load - so the ECU doesn't retard like mad.

Sort of DIY race fuel equivalent (second stage)

I haven't tried it with race fuel, because that wouldn't be an 'everyday' streetcar any more. Even now I'm pushing the definition, as it needs replenishing the tanks after a wild ride.

respect John you've obviously got a well soughted system, how is the injection controlled is it boost dependant ?, i didn't realise hybrids could shift that sought of air at your boost level

Hybrids? What hybrids?

It's stock turbos acting as hybrids at 0.9 and over (when the injection is activated)

'Dry' I wouldn't be happy to run them over 1.1bar, the airflow actually starts to tail off from 1 bar upwards.

I've found experimentally 0.9bar to be the ideal point to inject.

There are gains even if injecting at 0.7bar, but the water/meth consumption gets out of hand and I'm not using big tanks in the boot or anything. The bay looks pretty stock in fact.

I have been promised 500 BHP with this set up???? Is it realistic or not and also street drivable?????????

Fcon V Pro Gold Version 3.1 ECU

550 cc Sard Injectors

Regulator (Sard)

Fuel Pump Nismo

Turbo Greddy T78 33D

Westgate (Tavorn)

Header Ex Turbine

Already got HKS intercooler, Greddy Turbo Boost controller

Guys,

there was a cock up with getting to my car to Bangkok but it will arrive there tomorrow, can you guys give me a estamate of how long it should take to complete this upgrade, i am getting them to detail the engine compartment as well so that may take some extra time?

Guys,

there was a cock up with getting to my car to Bangkok but it will arrive there tomorrow, can you guys give me a estamate of how long it should take to complete this upgrade, i am getting them to detail the engine compartment as well so that may take some extra time?

ditch the 550s for 720 cc or more,the wastegate for a HKS,Tial,greddy one mate.

Done a 532 at the hubs, that's with no transmission bull added yet, so for most people that would be well over 600 'flywheel'.

Singles eat your heart out, this one pushes one bar at 2.2K:tongue:

UKSpec just like yours - the 550cc injectors were flat out though AFR 12.7 at full power, maxed out really.

That's with Tesco99 fuel and 1.35bar boost.

Two pumps spraying flat out, one split before each compressor 80%water 20%meth, the other one 50/50 right before the throttle.

Both tanks were empty after all the runs, I had to take it easy going back home.:cool:

Bit more than I expected, wasn't sure if it would break the 500 barrier at that boost level.

532? John, congratulations, would like to see a seperate thread on this. What size ERL jets are you using? How far from the compressor wheel are you injecting? Would love to see some R&D data (already checked maxboost).

:trophy: He he it worked :nana:

Check the date of the posts Charlie :thumbs:

I wanted to make it work, even though everybody was on the lookout.

Sooooo

1. I used an existing thread, as most people were scrutinising new threads:sly:

2. I extended an existing theme:cool:

3. Didn't push it too far (no aliens or skycars);)

4. Didn't try to defend it too hard :eyebrows:

5. Added peripheral minor details --- helps get the 'message' through.:innocent:

Guess it worked:D

The truth is probably not gonna be too far off, but I'm not there yet.

I need to find the time to take apart the two intake pipes, drill and tap threads (almost) opposite the compressors and extend the WI setup.

The cost is below £50 but it's time I haven't got right now.

One brilliant stroke is that the awkward tight metal bends of the sequential's intake pipes are now used to my advantage: they allow placement of the water injectors totally opposite the compressor eyes. Water atomisation and distribution at it's best:cool:

:trophy: He he it worked :nana:

Check the date of the posts Charlie :thumbs:

I wanted to make it work, even though everybody was on the lookout.

Sooooo

1. I used an existing thread, as most people were scrutinising new threads:sly:

2. I extended an existing theme:cool:

3. Didn't push it too far (no aliens or skycars);)

4. Didn't try to defend it too hard :eyebrows:

Guess it worked:D

The truth is probably not gonna be too far off, but I'm not there yet.

I need to find the time to take apart the two intake pipes, drill and tap threads (almost) opposite the compressors and extend the WI setup.

The cost is below £50 but it's time I haven't got right now.

One brilliant stroke is that the awkward tight metal bends of the sequential's intake pipes are now used to my advantage: they allow placement of the water injectors totally opposite the compressor eyes. Water atomisation and distribution at it's best:cool:

oh John you naughty boy, i fell hook line and sinker, best of luck anyway (try not to blow it up)