The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southern California Cruise (on 01/05/2008)

Guest Breakyoselfvq35

I,ve done some of that drive(Monteray/Carmel to LA) in a Hummer lol, not exactly chuckable, but we still enjoyed it. I would love to get a vette next time.

I did it in a Chevy Malibu Auto and loved it, then again in a MK3 MR2 driven by some ex Nascar chap (apparently), that was a hoot.

ex nascar aye, i usually hire a Durango but have driven various overthere 2001 mustang, 2006 charger niether v8 though, a 80's IROCZ was a wreck though. I've not been to a raceway overthere, must make sure next time im in Daytona coincides with a race, did you like LA? as i was'nt overly impressed.

ex nascar aye, i usually hire a Durango but have driven various overthere 2001 mustang, 2006 charger niether v8 though, a 80's IROCZ was a wreck though. I've not been to a raceway overthere, must make sure next time im in Daytona coincides with a race, did you like LA? as i was'nt overly impressed.

I didn't make it to LA, I stayed in Santa Cruz for a month or so with work so only had nights and weekends to explore - I fell in love with San Francisco so spent 3 weekends there being a tourist and then the rest was pretty much a drunken blur or spent driving around the hills and coastal road or eating too much.

I want to go out there again soon but I need to plan it a bit better so I don't miss too much.

well after spending 9 months in Texas, the only A-holes i found were uk ex-pats, expecting to be treated as special because they happened to be brit - and the most often heard phrase I heard from them was 'ohh they cant make a proper cup of tea'

the texans' that i worked with were more than friendly, proud of their country and slightly loopy :)

as an aside .. went to Texas Motor Speedway for Nascar - it rained all day, so no racing and i spent the time asking why they couldn't just use wet tyres like in f1 :)