The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had car mapped

jevansio

Ah cool, gotcha

That was what impressed me after mine was mapped, it wasn't so much the peak power, but the way it ran off boost and during spool. It drove like stock off boost and on the dyno it had exactly the same spool as the T61's.

Exactly, mapping isn't just about the big HP figures, it's about the little things & the throttle response was one thing I had resigned to thinking would never be sorted, I did lay down the gauntlet for Ryan in that respect, I just never thought he would actually get it to a point where I was happy with it, I was wrong

The reponse jay was talking about Mike is just the acceleration enrichment for his larger TB and Manifold. You would rev the car from idle or under 3k and would delay badly. With a larger opening more fuel is needed to enrichement the mixture on sudden throttle movements. Jays needed a fair amount of fuel to create a good burn. Would just keep going lean and stuttering before.

Hopefully it will be dry in areas tomorrow to feel the cars full potential. :eyebrows:

that sounds very much like my problem,

The reponse jay was talking about Mike is just the acceleration enrichment for his larger TB and Manifold. You would rev the car from idle or under 3k and would delay badly. With a larger opening more fuel is needed to enrichement the mixture on sudden throttle movements. Jays needed a fair amount of fuel to create a good burn. Would just keep going lean and stuttering before.

Hopefully it will be dry in areas tomorrow to feel the cars full potential. :eyebrows:

Ah ha!.... always learning...:innocent:

I would have thought that was a fairly major, primary mapping 101 no-no...?

Glad to say I have never experienced this on mine, she revs like a motorbike with the ligher internals, never stutters..

and it's sunny and clear this morning!