The mkiv Supra Owners Club

IMPORTANT! Standing orders

mawby

Something that has been brought to light with the membership upgrade is that some members have set up standing orders to pay the club membership fee. This was done before Rosie and myself took over the handling of members and traders, and we didn't know about it until I went and stuck all you members paying by standing order into the membership expired group and you quite rightly complained about it! :stupid:

[ignore this bit if you're read it before!]

This was because the memberships were previously a manual process and always involved either you contacting Rosie or an e-mail being sent from PayPal/Nochex so we knew exactly when someone had paid. However, standing orders went unnoticed (because we hadn't stopped your posting rights before so members weren't aware their memberships hadn't been processed) and as a result the records of those paying by standing orders were not updated.

[stop ignoring now]

So what this means is that if paid your membership by standing order then you will have ended up in the expired group. Simply PM me and I will sort it ASAP.

However, because we are changing bank accounts I would ask that anyone with a current standing order into the old club account please cancel it! We still don't have the new account sorted (seems they'd rather have a Christmas holiday then sort our account out!) but when we have we will issues details so that bank transfers and standing orders can be done again. This time we will come up with a way of alerting us who is paying by standing order so that your account doesn't end up expired in the future. I haven't work out how yet, but leave it with me. :)

Anyway, apologies to anyone who has paid but has ended up in the expired group. Please bear with us and let me know if any mistakes have occurred and I will rectify it straight away.

Hope everyone has a happy new year!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the new bank account has been set up so anyone wanting to set up a standing order to pay their membership can use the "Direct Money Transfer" details found here.

IMPORTANT If you have set up a standing order to the new account then please post here stating so! We will then check the payment has gone in when its due and update your membership before it becomes expired.

• 4 months later...

Right, I'd like to bring this back to the top. We have been contacted by a couple of people who say they've paid by standing order yet their account as still been disabled. None of these people are on our list so we never knew to check and update the membership accordingly, so the forum just disabled their accounts regardless.

This isn't to say they haven't paid, nor to say they haven't contacted us either. It's very possible the mistake is our end. However, will EVERYONE who has set up a standing order to cover membership costs please ensure Rosie or myself are aware of this NOW. If you don't then your account will get disabled until you contact us and we enable it again.