The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice Please Guys

Guest davus

It's a buyers market, you have the right idea in so far as you are willing to travel too, so you should be able to find something for sensible money. Most sellers are in cloud cuckoo land, to be honest, they just like writing cheques to advertising comapnies!

For sure, buying a ready modded car is cheaper than buying a stock one and modding yourself, but be very aware that not all mods or modifiers are created equal., especially the Jap tuners, I see some real sheds supposedly from the reputable tuners over there :-) If you have a big budget I would suggest you buy a bone stock N/A six speed and use that as a base for wild mods. That's what I was planning before someone threw a Skyline under my nose and I decided to use that as a base... ;-)

The weight advantage of the Skyline presuaded me, although buiold quality is not in the same league as the Toyota. Someone posted a pic of a six speed Supra clutch pedal assembly, I will post a pic of Nissans attempt at a similarly functioning product if you want to see why i think Toyotas build quality is better!

Some people get touchy if you mention other makes of cars, to me a cars a car and I don't get emotional about them, they're all money pits and I should have grown out of all this years ago!

If you have a big budget I would suggest you buy a bone stock N/A six speed and use that as a base for wild mods. !

You learn something every day. I assumed these 1000bhp or similar monsters were just modded(heavily) TT's. Are you saying you can get better results from an N/A?

Matt

If you are going to bin the turbos, manifolds, pistons, rods, crank, ecu, injectors blah blah there's no point in paying a premium for a probably thrashed TT when you can buy a mint 6 speed N/A that's never taken a pasting for far less, is there? A real, genuine 1000 BHP 3 litre engine is so far away from the stock unit as to be incomaparble, there won't be many stock bits left at all, if it is expected to last more than (most of) one run down some drag strip.

cheers for the replies guys..hopefully ive found myself a nice t88 powered one..but ill see how it goes...jurgen if things dont go to plan ill take you up on that mate.

• 2 weeks later...

You can have this one for 19,000 Euros,Proven 411@the flywheel never boosted above 0.9 bar,did 193 MPH on the rolling road.94 125,000kmh (i think).If interested I will you the list of aftermarket parts.This is in the Irish auto trader,if it is not sold by February,Thier will be a 1000 hp kit fitted.The car is in Ireland,you said you didn't mind traveling :thumbs:

94 Supra TT 411 BHP 001.jpg

94 Supra TT 411 BHP 003.jpg

94 Supra TT 411 BHP 010.jpg

94 Supra TT 411 BHP 011.jpg

193 on a rolling road !!!! first time ive ever heard someone quote top speed on a RR !!!!! Didnt take into account wind resistance then !!!

1000hp kit ??? is this an off the shelf part ??? :upside:

Dude :donkey:

Dude,I just going by what the guy doing the rolling road said,his words not mine & everyone knows their is no wind resistance on a rolling road.I didn't say it did 193mhp on the highway & its not exactly a kit,the guy im buying it off has it on his car Precion gt76s aka sp77HO with the .96AR Greedy T8 Exhaust manifold Greedy 47 mm wastegate (holds 30 psi all day) Greddy Intake (polished) with Greedy air filter 3 inch downpipe & midpipe with o2 bung All oil feed & return lines Stainless steel lower intake pipe that connects the turbo to the Greedy 3 or 4 row IC HKS ss Bov included,its already welded on. Now I thought it was easier to type kit than all that shit :twak: I will also be getting a Fuel kit from MVP Motorsports to support it. I will get the AEM HKS 272 cams IC don't know yet I will only be running it at 700-800whp this year,next year I hope to get the engine build with performance internals & try & get to the 1000 whp. Ryan woon & Peter black are both running this turbo in the US & are getting over 900whp,one of them is doing the quater in 9.6.Im imformed IS THEIR ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH :nana:

Dude,I just going by what the guy doing the rolling road said,his words not mine & everyone knows their is no wind resistance on a rolling road.I didn't say it did 193mhp on the highway & its not exactly a kit,the guy im buying it off has it on his car Precion gt76s aka sp77HO with the .96AR Greedy T8 Exhaust manifold Greedy 47 mm wastegate (holds 30 psi all day) Greddy Intake (polished) with Greedy air filter 3 inch downpipe & midpipe with o2 bung All oil feed & return lines Stainless steel lower intake pipe that connects the turbo to the Greedy 3 or 4 row IC HKS ss Bov included,its already welded on. Now I thought it was easier to type kit than all that shit :twak: I will also be getting a Fuel kit from MVP Motorsports to support it. I will get the AEM HKS 272 cams IC don't know yet I will only be running it at 700-800whp this year,next year I hope to get the engine build with performance internals & try & get to the 1000 whp. Ryan woon & Peter black are both running this turbo in the US & are getting over 900whp,one of them is doing the quater in 9.6.Im imformed IS THEIR ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH :nana:

Nope apart from the fact that American HP is bullshit , if a car made 900 whp on a Dyno such as CPL's it would run in the 8's easily :Pling: Just love the way all these 1000hp cars get thrown together in a weekend lets just say i know what my HP is and so far ive beaten a sup with 1200 !!! and run much faster than one with 900 that only does 120 ish terminals (in case you didnt know the terminal is down to power !!!) and BTW theres a couple of cars running the same turbo i ran last year that run under 9.5's with a shot of NOS on the line and they aint 900 hp either .

ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH GIVE ME A SHOUT :nana:

Best hope TOTB4 is held on a dyno so i can do that top speed ;)

Nope apart from the fact that American HP is bullshit , if a car made 900 whp on a Dyno such as CPL's it would run in the 8's easily :Pling: Just love the way all these 1000hp cars get thrown together in a weekend lets just say i know what my HP is and so far ive beaten a sup with 1200 !!! and run much faster than one with 900 that only does 120 ish terminals (in case you didnt know the terminal is down to power !!!) and BTW theres a couple of cars running the same turbo i ran last year that run under 9.5's with a shot of NOS on the line and they aint 900 hp either .

ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH GIVE ME A SHOUT :nana:

Best hope TOTB4 is held on a dyno so i can do that top speed ;)

Dude the guy in the US is not using NOS to run 9.6 on 1/4 mile.I can't understand why your pissing on my parade :innocent: ,i have not said you are not running this,or you not cable of doing that.I know you have a strong car & its good on the 1/4 mile.I also know your running a single,so you have to have good HP.Their is a guy coming to look at my car in 20 minutes,if he don't buy & I have it done in time for the TOTB,I have no problem have a run with you :tongue: :tongue: The worst I can do is lose :hug:

Dude the guy in the US is not using NOS to run 9.6 on 1/4 mile.I can't understand why your pissing on my parade :innocent: ,i have not said you are not running this,or you not cable of doing that.I know you have a strong car & its good on the 1/4 mile.I also know your running a single,so you have to have good HP.Their is a guy coming to look at my car in 20 minutes,if he don't buy & I have it done in time for the TOTB,I have no problem have a run with you :tongue: :tongue: The worst I can do is lose :hug:

Not having a go really dude , just fed up with people expecting /quoting silly HP figures , dont chase those as you will only end up dissapointed , concentrate on performance , hopefully you wont sell the car and you'll get to build the car you want , if you get stuck you know my numbers , advice is allways free !!!!

Guy came,seemed fairly interested in the car :cry: .Will know this week if he is going to take it.Dude im not expecting those sort of HP just close to it,if I make it well & good,if I dont tuf,but from what I have heard this setup should be good for 900-1000 ;) I welcome advice as from you Dude cos I know you know your way around the JZA80 :respekt: .Heres a question for you,How would the above setup go on a N/A.Is the N/A motor the same as the TT.The way I was thinking was.I would be replacing the ECU,fuel System,cooling system,etc.

I think you will find the header may be different for the NA, also im not sure if the oil feeds for the turbo are blanked off or not there and obviously no drain in the sump for the return , the blocks are the same but no under piston oil squirters to cool the crown , these can be fitted as they are blanked with an allen type grub screw , other differnces i dont know but i'll have a loke at an NA im doing today and see what i think , might be worth talking to Mig he had a very cheap BL NA kit , Dave H on SF's has a low 9 second ex NA car as well .

I think you will find the header may be different for the NA, also im not sure if the oil feeds for the turbo are blanked off or not there and obviously no drain in the sump for the return , the blocks are the same but no under piston oil squirters to cool the crown , these can be fitted as they are blanked with an allen type grub screw , other differnces i dont know but i'll have a loke at an NA im doing today and see what i think , might be worth talking to Mig he had a very cheap BL NA kit , Dave H on SF's has a low 9 second ex NA car as well .

9 second N/A now thats impressive,At the end of day Dude it looks like it would cost more to do the N/A,even thought you would buy the car cheaper,you would spend more getting it to put down good numbers.Nice idea idea while it lasted :banghead: