The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do think sounds nicer Supra or Skyline??

Mike M

I.e. a drainpipe straight from the manifold :D Can't beleive it never got pulled for the noise it made!

[off topic]

Any idea what happened to it after to after Steve sold it? It doesn't seem to have shown up since?

I haven't seen nor heard (pardon the pun) anything of it since. I really liked that car and probably missed it more than the Orange one.

Followed a skyline the other day with what I believed was an RB25 single turbo in it. Sounded nice :)

yeah they are nice. But supra sound is nicer. Mine is anyway. Standard I would rate them bout equal in looks though.

I'll prob keep my skyline too as my daily driver.

As for v10's.

I'm sure it does sound nicer, but v6 is a sensible compromise in my opinion.

V 10's are mostly exotics. supra aint no exotic.

I agree to the Supra sounding nicer over the Skyline. The choice between the car's are tough, I would just have both. :)

We are getting a few Skylines in doing R&D work for Twin and Big Single Turbo Setups along with Internal and External Fuel Systems to back it up. In a few month the New Skyline will be delivered to our door to see what we have to work with.

Cheers,

Joe

I.e. a drainpipe straight from the manifold :D Can't beleive it never got pulled for the noise it made!

It was crazy loud but surprisingly very tame when inside the car, no drone or anything and quieter than most aftermarket exhausts I've heard, was very strange :blink:

[off topic]

Any idea what happened to it after to after Steve sold it? It doesn't seem to have shown up since?

The chap who bought it off Ste joined as the member 'Coldflame' http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?u=10816

It will be the new R35 GTR with what ever engine option comes in because we are not allowed to choose since we are getting first dibbs.

Its going to be a V6 TT I beleive.

Cheers,

Joe

I meant what skyline version you are comparng sound wise with the Supra TT.

You are a lucky man working with such beauties.

Funnily enough tonight I spotted an R32 (possibly GTR) as I was walking my dog. Was very loud and pretty hardcore and the guy didnt even have a vent to atmos bov.

I have the HKS SSQV in my skyline and to be honest its a bit naff.

much prefer the greddy bov in the supra.