The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Former ATR Owner is coming to the darkside! ;-)

saboteur

I always thought the integra type R was one of the top 'drivers' FWD cars you could buy, never driven one myself unfortunatly :( I would like to though.

ITR DC2 and ATR are VERY similarly matched contrary to popular opinion. Both have LSDs, etc... ITR would probably have the edge on handling, but more top-end on the ATR. Great cars, beautiful high reving vtec... sounds wonderful! :D

I do agree with the fact that the ATR would probably be easier to take to limits then even the stock TT supra.

Yes, far easier.

The problem is, it makes you start to push the limits of the Supra more and more, until.... Kaboom :D

Now is not the best time of year to be testing out any high powered RWD car, so just have some fun for now, but start to get a feel for how it really drives in the spring next year. Believe me when it's dry & warm these things have traction like you wouldn't believe :D

I agree with your other comment, the drive is far more involving. As I said before, it's 90% driver input with these cars.

Edit - just noitced you have the Auto... though this is a very good box compared to others, if you've come from a manual FWD car to an auto RWD car thats a massive adjustment you need to make. The 6spd is a very different drive.

Yes, far easier.

The problem is, it makes you start to push the limits of the Supra more and more, until.... Kaboom :D

Now is not the best time of year to be testing out any high powered RWD car, so just have some fun for now, but start to get a feel for how it really drives in the spring next year. Believe me when it's dry & warm these things have traction like you wouldn't believe :D

I agree with your other comment, the drive is far more involving. As I said before, it's 90% driver input with these cars.

Edit - just noitced you have the Auto... though this is a very good box compared to others, if you've come from a manual FWD car to an auto RWD car thats a massive adjustment you need to make. The 6spd is a very different drive.

I'm sure it is.. Most of the 6spd supras tend to wheel spin alot from a standstill... thats costly tyres!!

Would prefer a manual, but it may be sensible for me to have an auto as I may need to commute into central london everyday for work... My neighbour just parked his new skyline R33 GTR (purple) infront of our house, and knocked on the door saying he's going to move it so that we can park there... Says he's selling the car, it's a manual... EXTREMELY NOISY, very nice though... but jesus it's too loud!

Hmm.. decisions decisions....? :( I have til early Jan to decide...

...if you ignore that fact that the stock injectors and FPR couldn't supply enough fuel to make 430 bhp.

They can I tell thee!

From my experience, the problem with the stock setup is not at high boost/rpm, it's during the transition point and when the 2nd turbo starts to spool. This is when the car runs rather lean. Mine and most others who've logged it have seen that high load and high rpm the 440cc injectors supply enough fuel to keep afr's below 11.5

Obviously, unless the rest of the fueling system is working 100% then there is a much higher chance of det occuring, but provided the main compenents are working and you have an AFR gauge to monitor levels then there is little danger of a major failure on the stock injectors and ECU.

I did 35k miles on mine at 1.2bar, afterwards the leakdown tests were still superb.

I'm sure it is.. Most of the 6spd supras tend to wheel spin alot from a standstill... thats costly tyres!!

Would prefer a manual, but it may be sensible for me to have an auto as I may need to commute into central london everyday for work... My neighbour just parked his new skyline R33 GTR (purple) infront of our house, and knocked on the door saying he's going to move it so that we can park there... Says he's selling the car, it's a manual... EXTREMELY NOISY, very nice though... but jesus it's too loud!

Hmm.. decisions decisions....? :( I have til early Jan to decide...

Are you saying that because it's a manual it's louder? Thats completely the opposite to reality, with a manual you can keep the rpm much lower and use the clutch to control your forward speed. Unless you are the type to mash the throttle the auto will be far louder than a manual.

No no Homer, just intended to make a passing comment saying that its a manual and its very noisy, not because its a manual, oh god, dear no.... Manuals will never be louder as you rightly point out, rpm can be controlled much more thoroughly with the clutch.

I can still hear him racing up and down the roads here. I think it's a lil too noisy for the road. He may get pulled for it I reckon... :rolleyes: