The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz Nur Spec v HKS Superdragger

Jamesy

But remember thats on a single with a tubular manifold and 4inch exhaust from the turbo, it won't sound anything like that good on a TT.

Ah yeah I know but if there was a video to make u buy a BL exhaust that would be it ;), anyone have a clip here of a BL 4 inch on a standardish TT????

Ah yeah I know but if there was a video to make u buy a BL exhaust that would be it ;), anyone have a clip here of a BL 4 inch on a standardish TT????

i take it you dont have the BL, it does make me laugh a bit how people say how "good" the BL sounds, im going to be a bit contraversial now, i think they sound absolutely sh*te, if you want the neighbours to phone the council and get a noise abaitment order go ahead and fit one, mine lasted about 4 days on the car :p

blimey - thanx for all the advice guys.

to be honest i wanted the BL back box but i cant afford one right now :(

the Nur spec seemed like the next thing almost as loud as the BL - thats why i'm tempted to go for the Nur spec...but i did wanna make sure there will be a big difference my from draGer else not much point changing.

gonna have a proper listen to all attached videos!!!!

thanx guys ;)

i take it you dont have the BL, it does make me laugh a bit how people say how "good" the BL sounds, im going to be a bit contraversial now, i think they sound absolutely sh*te, if you want the neighbours to phone the council and get a noise abaitment order go ahead and fit one, mine lasted about 4 days on the car :p

no i dont have one, but from what ive heard i think i quite like the sound of it, have had a few diff exhausts on supras, nur spec fav to date

no i dont have one, but from what ive heard i think i quite like the sound of it, have had a few diff exhausts on supras, nur spec fav to date

video clips will tell you nothing, if you like driving around with EVERYONE looking at you thinking your a tw*t go for it, not trying to put you off just trying to give a balanced view, there have been a lot of BL 4" exhausts up for sale on this forum, the guy i bought mine off had it up for sale for 4 months !, you have to ask yourself why if there so good

video clips will tell you nothing, if you like driving around with EVERYONE looking at you thinking your a tw*t go for it, not trying to put you off just trying to give a balanced view, there have been a lot of BL 4" exhausts up for sale on this forum, the guy i bought mine off had it up for sale for 4 months !, you have to ask yourself why if there so good

u bought one not me, lol

Whats with all the BL hate Paul :D

It's a very loud exhaust, especially on a single. Of course some people are going to look at you and think you're a tw*t for having such an anti-social car, but thats not going to change if you have another loud one like a Ti or NUR.

I've only seen a couple of BL's up for sale here, I think all of them from the owners of single turbo cars who live in residential areas (or in the case of the new owner of my car, suffers from migraines).

IMO it's a great sounding exhaust (perhaps more so from the outside than in the cabin), but as you say perhaps too loud for those who don't want to draw attention to themselves, or upset the neighbours.

My old car now has a TRD exhaust and is extremely quiet, still sounds very fruity, but not the animal it used to.

i just fancy a bit of a more mental noise when driving - dont get me wrong, the super drager is throaty enough, but what i've heard of the BL makes me wanna at least try it!!

if you dont like it too much do a deal with mine mate ;)

I had both, sold the HKS in the end. Both are good exhausts and represend good value for money. Some report they drone and hang low but I havent had that problem :) The clincher for me was the nur specs looks;

cheers mate how much louder was the Nur Spec ????????

Whats with all the BL hate Paul :D

its not hate fella, i :inlove: BL, i have the turbo and gearbox im just trying to warn peeps how insanely loud these things are, i borrowed a dB meter from work, heres what i got all at 650 rpm (tickover) at 1 metre from the tailpipe tip, single turbo, 3" down and mid pipe ~

superdrager with 2nd cat 74 dB

superdrager 78 dB

boostlogic with apexi ecv 83 dB

boostlogic 87 dB

now im sure we are all familiar with the logarithmic dB scale but for the peeps who are'nt the boostlogic is nearly 10 times louder than the superdrager in my little test