The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Ultimate Supra Video dvd -SKproductionZ-

Guest Supra 2n turbO

If you guys have a dvd burner i suggest you to rip it to your hardisk with dvddecrypter or smartriper and then use dvdshrink to rebuild it. (all are free software) Then use Nero (or the burning software you're using) to burn a video DVD again at low speed (2x) and it should work.

Maybe the guy recorded the dvd's at max speed on cheap media and some players have trouble reading it.

I still haven't my copy so i can't tell you if mine works or not.

Hope it helps.

Yeah, i recon this is the best bet. And if you can't, then take up Gavs offer as this will sort it out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys have a dvd burner i suggest you to rip it to your hardisk with dvddecrypter or smartriper and then use dvdshrink to rebuild it. (all are free software) Then use Nero (or the burning software you're using) to burn a video DVD again at low speed (2x) and it should work.

Maybe the guy recorded the dvd's at max speed on cheap media and some players have trouble reading it.

I still haven't my copy so i can't tell you if mine works or not.

Hope it helps.

thats what i would do too. i use them programs all the time they great freebie programs.

dvd decryptor is a stand alon copier too. removes region protection too. if you copy it back out onto a g04 dye disc they are dark purple underneath.

is it a dvd5 disc or a dvd9 disc

you can do a 1 to 1 copy if its a dvd5 disc. never used the new dual layerd writers.

let us know how you get on. you would think the guy with the original would know about it.

It doesn't help when the discs aren't actually readable or if there are problems with the menu structure..... (not saying there is, until I've finished checking it)

Gav

thats down to the people who make it to check out. seems like a right balls up.

i remember years ago a lad selling pirate tomb raider game for psx at booty he did a copy of a game and looked like it worked ok but crashed into the game. he did 50 copys of it before he noticed everybody bringing it back :)

what program do you use to make fancy menus when you making up a dvd for home players.

I use dvd lab from media chance...as well as a sony package

Rather good package....

As far as this DVD goes... even after copying the files onto hdd (altho I couldn't copy VTS_06_1.vob)....

The video is jumpy even when played from files on the pc (and before anybody blames the PC, it is an Athlon 64 3500+, 1.5GB Ram, and around 800GB of disk space [sATA-150]), just for vid editing a lot..... I'm going to fire it thru a media cleaner to see if I can get it into a reasonable shape...

I'll do what I can and let everyone know...

Gav

Sounds like they may have converted a 30fps original video to 25fps for PAL - that will produce a juddery video. Probably better off with the NTSC one, most DVD players will play these as a PAL picture at 60Hz rather than 50Hz, which nearly all TVs can cope with.

Yeah... indeed....

I'm dumping the mpeg2 stream into raw uncompressed format to see if I can get it out... needless to say it is chewing up disk space at a hell of a pace *grin*.....

It looks so far that the DVD format has not been implemented properly in what ever the authoring tool was.... the streams are not properly interlaced..

But I will keep going...

Gav

I'd be happy to recreate the menu's....

if I could just get the actual video off the dvd.... which is proving to be a right pain in the rear end.... (the kind when an 7.5 tonner runs into the back of the car)...

Yeah... judging by some of the vid I've managed to extract the streams actually look damaged....

Might be worthwhile going the NTSC route, and just rebuilding that....

Provided there is no region code on it, most DVD players would play it anyway...

I tried it on my DVD recorder in the lounge and it just paniced after the menu....

Gav

I received it today, but mine isn't working too.

I've been able to copy all the files to the HD although DVDDECRYPTER was warning me about bad files all the time. But it still could copy it.

I have fixed the menus with IFOEDIT but the videos are in bad condition as Gav said.

If you replace the files on your VIDEO_TS folder with those ones i attach here, you'll have the menu working 100% but the videos are full of artifacts and jump a lot.

Hope it helps.

VIDEO_TS.zip

• 1 month later...
Guest Supra 2n turbO

lol okay trying to Rip the dvd is going to be a bit hard because well i actually went through many softwares. Apparently we found out the error in which most dvd players wont read it, the new dvd is up and ready to go but i still need to make it copyrighted in which i have my ways ;) lol but overall it looks great and the quality is better then befor. It should be up forsale soon, il keep you guys posted. Also i have a new dvd coming out, Team OBL, its all my own "personal" street racing videos in which i went out and so on. its pretty nice since it goes with out team. Il show you a preview if i can get a host in any case. So if you can help me out please do so and email me at [email protected] or AIM me at Slowhail or MSN at [email protected]. again sorry about all the problems earlier but after months and months of refinment, it has shown progress. :)

Regards

Sohail

SKproductionZ

To be honest... after the way the last one was produced... I would not be interested... it didn't play on most machines... and the menu's were buggered...

IMHO stop trying to be smart and put fancy copy protection stuff on... most of us here would have bought it anyway..

But the first product was to be frank absolute CRAP.

Maybe that is just my view

Gav

again sorry about all the problems earlier but after months and months of refinment, it has shown progress. :)

Perhaps you should do the months and months of refinement *before* you sell the DVDs in future?

I was tempted originally, I'm glad I waited for feedback from the others now.

Guest Supra 2n turbO

hmm this was my first dvd, and after testing on many dvd players it did work, the problem must have layed else were. and well now its gonna sold at a lower cost, so it should be better.

Dude,

If you want my honest advice...I would make the DVD's to match the proper standard, rather than worrying about copyright....

The biggest problem that was encountered by most was the fact that video didn't play and that the menu's weren't compliant....

I personally tried the DVD on 7 different units...all with completely different internals...including

Pioneer DVD 525

Alba DVD Player

Sony DVD Player

Laptop DVD Player with PowerDVD Software

PC DVD Player with WinDVD Software

My old Denon DVD Player

My Philips DVD Recorder

And the results were all the same....

Once I had extracted some bits using dvd decryptor... the actually footage I could extract actually looked good...

If you can make a DVD that has nice packaging and good content, I think you will find most people will buy it, rather than just copying it....

For future reference I would check very carefully that the disc is fully standards compliant before selling it again, as I think a few people have been burnt here..

Gav

• 2 weeks later...