The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dash rings cheap and best fit

jazz1

Same problem as you mate, they wont stick, have emailed the guy. Area is clean etc, they just wont stick, not even a bit.

The mirror surroud is badly scuffed.

Rest of it is top notch. heater control surrounds push on nice and tight and buttons too, and the dimmer are all perfect.

Shame about the sticky bits... grrr

Same problem as you mate, they wont stick, have emailed the guy. Area is clean etc, they just wont stick, not even a bit.

The mirror surroud is badly scuffed.

Rest of it is top notch. heater control surrounds push on nice and tight and buttons too, and the dimmer are all perfect.

Shame about the sticky bits... grrr

same here guys dont stick

Just got this email response. You dont get service like that these days. Fair play. Looking forward to what else he can make.

Hi

Really sorry to hear they wont stick, we have changed tape since the first batches were made, so maybe that's it. We will send you out another set with but we will get hold of a higher tack tape, and see if we can get an alcohol wipe to go with each set to ensure the are is clean and free of any silicone ect. I will also contact all the people we trialled these on just to make that everything is still okay with theirs and its not a design fault.

We will obviously send you a replacement mirror ring aswell.

We will also enclose cash for you to return the others back to us.

Again please accept our apologies.

Scot

e.b.designs

i have just had this email:

Hi

We have been made aware that there maybe a problem with the adhesive quality of the tape used on these rings, and we are currently rectifying the problem.

If you have problems fixing them in to place or with them coming loose please contact us ASAP and we will dispatch you a new set with different tape immediately.

Please accept our apologies in advance.

Many thanks

I think this is truly great service imo

Guest craig-mkiv

Hi all !!

when i took the photo's of these fitted i had no problem , i used white spirits to wipe the area to fix , no problem ,., until i went out last night to park the car up for the night & found both dial surround's had fell off :lol:

so i also sent him an e-mail , this is his reply !!

Hi

Im really sorry about this, your the third today. All we can think of is that we changed tape and its less adhesive. We have emailed the people that we originally trialled this line on just to make sure thats its a design fault.

What we wil do is get another set of air vent surrounds out to you with different tape on. We will also enclose cash so that you can send the others back to us.

Is the mirror surround okay? because that has different tape on it.

I hope this is okay, and again we are really really sorry about this.

scot

e.b.designs

• 2 weeks later...