The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is a fair offer ?

Sharpie

I'm looking to buying a second car but, have only bought of traders in the past so, my attempts to reduce the price have been patchy at best. I’m happy to look at the private sellers too this time around so, would appreciate any comments from old hands at this…

I want a Ford Explorer as I have had one before and it will meet everything I need from it and for a 5yr old (99V) are going for ~ £5.5k - £7999 on the trader.

Parkers guide is showing ~£6 – 6.3k – 50k miles (If this is anything to go by…)

I have a budget of £5k but, could go to £6k I guess but, is it unreasonable/time wasting to offer £5-5.5k on a £6.9k ticket price at this end of the market ?

I know it depends on what the seller is willing to take but, was just looking for a general rule of thumb.

Ta

Ford were in the wrong. Apprently they screwed up the chassis design making it too wide, then they had to compensate with the incorrect tyres. Changing the PSI they were supposed to run with made them fall apart :)

And you're buying another!! :D

I suppose you get a lot of truck for your buck ;)

It's a Ford...so it should be easy to start picking holes in it fairly quickly....that should bring the price down. Also never say you want the car, make them sell it to you. ;) Might be best to look at a couple of other, cheaper, cars first that you're not interested in and then "spot" the Explorer ;) Not tried that myself but they may be willing to lower the price down to something approaching the other cars you were looking at.