The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£75.25 to fill my tank!

lexsum

I can get 350 out of my SZ regularly, i do around around 350 miles a week in it, and usually fill up once a week, on a saturday morning. All my drives are relatvely long though (50 miles) but usually down b roads which are quite(ish) as im out at 6 in the morning. I got 400 when I brought it home for the first time, but that was sitting at 70 on the motorway for all of it.

Damn what are you guys paying for fuel???

It cost me just over 50 quid to fill up my tank when i first got the car. The light was on too. I can't remember exactly but i think it was £55 odd.

I get between 300 and 350 miles for a tank full.

Jspec TT manual. Think 6th gear is the trick :D

Scott =op

It's meant to be 80L for a UK and 70 for j-spec if i remember right...although I've put more than 70L in the VVTI before, i think they're the same to be honest as I've had a UK too

I think it's 60 for J-spec, and 70 for UK/facelifts, cause I can't squeeze any more than 60 litres in mine. (Well 60 litres at 99% of all petrol stations, but oddly enough, I seem to be always able to put at least 62 litres in the BP near work. Grrrrrr)

Ahh, service station? Yeah i must admit i had to do that the day i bought it.

Its strange, up here in scotland there are LOADS of shell petrol stations. Found it hard to find one in Newcastle and also in Wolverhampton. Granted i wasn't driving around looking but all the big name ones i passed were Esso and BP.

Scott =op

I'm around £1.01 for V-Power. I wouldn't put BP ultimate near my car, nowhere near a high enough octane.

Scott =op

I rarely use BP in my car but its weakness in economy compared to V-Power was highlighted to me last week. Through desperation I filled up almost a complete tank with BP and went for a fairly spirited drive from Surrey to Devon (much of this involved "progressive acceleration" from the numerous roundabouts en route). On the way there my efficiency worked out to be approx 17.4mpg. I re-filled the tank with V-Power whilst in Devon and re-traced my route (with a similar driving style). The second journey gave me a return of approx 22mpg. I realise the fuel meter isn't great (as highlighted earlier on this thread), and that V-power is generally recommended on this forum, but I didn't think the difference would be so great.

ok so i did a big trip on a full tank today - average about 65mph very little turbo use and got 374.5 miles for 64.81litres = 14.26 gal = 26.26 mpg. that was on tesco 99 ron. i think i could have got it higher (400+) but that's not the point is it?