The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More quiet exhausts...

Dash Rendar

The problem is all singles are very loud. You will struggle with any exhaust to get it quiet.

I had the dragger and it was LOUD as hell with a 4" down and mid, even with the 3" still very loud. It hummed on the motorway too, something a dragger wont do if you have GT2835R's.

I now use the T.Touring, its much quieter than the dragger, no drone on the motorway, but a very deep note, sounds excellent under boost according to bystanders, but can vibrate house windows on tickover if directly behind my hormonally challenged neighbour insists. I think you'll love the touring, the manufacturing quality is superb and it looks classy.

My next move is 2 x 3" random tech metallic cats in parallel made into the midpipe, then no boom at all on tickover and i can set the foot down without drawing attention to the car. I'll let you know how that goes.

P.S. 4" downpipe is a great cause of drone IMO.

how about the apexi gt, the mid pipe is 3.75" and is very quiet, i cant hear it on motorways as a standard it has a very low deep gargle sound, sounds nice however i would like a bit more grunt from it so it maybe perfect for what you want, no drown what so ever.

Sorry I missed this post earlier. Haven't you only just bought this exhaust!?

• 2 weeks later...

I've now had the TRD fitted and I'm *stunned* at how quiet the car is (bearing in mind it's a single). It sounds like a stock Supra now.

It's possibly even a little too tame for my liking, but on the other hand, it's better than getting migraines!

So, for those of you still interested in quiet exhausts, this one should definitely be on your shortlist. (That's if you can get hold of one... I hear they're pretty rare.)

BTW, I polished my TRD up. If you're interested, here's the before and after: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=131435.

I heard this earlier today and am also stunned how quiet it is. It's barely louder than stock, which is amazing considering the tubular exhaust manifold and turbo conversion. I have never heard a single turbo car so quiet :blink: Thats not a bad thing though!

It looks very nice on the car, almost stock looking and makes it a bit of a sleeper... until the wastegate opens :D

When I converted to a single turbo I fitted a GReddy Ti-R exhaust, I chose this as it is one of the few aftermarket road legal exhausts available for the Supra in Japan. It is rated at 91db (that'll be on a stock Supra with cats fitted). It has 2 silencers, is very light (4.7kg) and the quality is superb.

Very happy with the results, not too noisy and has a nice note to it when you push the go pedal. I have a sound clip of it here.

Now thats a nice exhaust

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. I'm resurrecting an old thread... Sorry!

I've been very pleased with my TRD exhaust (which appears to be the 'old' style), because - as people have commented - it is incredibly quiet.

However, I think it's also a bit too restrictive on my single. This exhaust is restricting me to 500fwhp, which is a fair bit less than I was getting when I had the BL 4-inch on it. People warned me that it might be too restrictive, but Oh No... I wouldn't listen!

So, now I'm back to square one. I'm thinking about selling or swapping my TRD, because it's good for up to 500bhp (and certainly fine for BPU), and there are plenty of people that want a really quiet exhuast. But I want an exhaust that is less restrictive but still fairly quiet.

I think the Medallion Touring might be too restrictive also, as it has two massive silencers.

I would certainly consider a SuperDragger, but there don't seem to be many about?

The GReddy Ti-R sounds nice (is now the PE Ti-R?), but it does look quite pricey.

I've stumbled across the XS Power "Gen2-style" 3-inch exhaust, and this looks a bit of a bargain. I know there are some fairly old threads about this exhaust, but nothing recent. Does anyone know how the noise levels compare against, say, a SuperDragger or Ti-R? Any restriction issues?

Sorry for opening up the debate again!