The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem with 2nd turbo! Help!

supra_surj

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surj, need a Wideband O2 sensor to check the fuelling, but if you dont have a piggyback or standalone ECU then you cant adjust it.

What boost you running and do you have a walbro pump fitted?

Amigo, check all pressure lines for cracks/splits/leaks. If your sure its the pressure tank then you will need a new one. I have one but it probably going on another members car as theirs isnt strong enough when running in TTC mode (to hold pressure when at idle). Give Jez a PM as im sure he will have a few lying about :D .

Hey sean,do you mean one of those afc? Air fuel controller? Havent checked but as far as i know its a standard fuel pump. Getting a walbro soon though.

Yes an AFC will allow you to adjust the fuelling to a certain extent. But a wideband O2 sensor (normally connected to an indash gauge) is requried to show what your actul Air/Fuel ratio is.

Your AFR's should be fine at that boost level, if a little out in some places due to the different power curve when running in TTC mode. The stock fuel map is renouned for being rich. Its when you start getting up to BPU levels of 1.2bar that you need to be careful with the stock pump...however saying that my motor ran BPU for a good few thousand miles on the stock pump, i was told it was uprated but check it the other day and its not so being replaced for the single conversion anyway. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Having somewhat the same problem. I am BPU and just had an Alarm fitted.

So I am wondering whether its got something to do with a FCD and if its been mistakenly "unplugged" as mine is boosting fine, second turbo comes on at 4k and still ok, but then it feels/sounds like the RLTC is cutting in at about 4.5-5k but it cant be the RLTC.

So I am going to check the FCD wiring. Anyone got a wiring diagram for the HKS one?

• 2 weeks later...

Just hear the new news about my 2j (jdm)

i don't know what happened ??!!

the 1st turbo open at 1800 rpm (0 psi)

the maximum boost i'm recording know is 4 psi before 4k rpm(nearly), after that no boost at all (0 psi) after 4k rpm? ? ? ?

i've checked the IACV and EGCV rods are moving

but i'm not sure about the egcv if it is sticky or not (how to check it ???)

or blown turbos (don't think so)

or there is a wrong hose connections i have

one more think there no sounds from the wastegate after removing my leg from the accelerator (no tis tis tis) only i heard the bov sound

and a late sound from the Exhaust (bear sound)????

please help????