The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'Real' Hp figures for the different turbos out ther

Ryan.G

Is it the manifold? or is it that the turbo is smaller than a T61 and spools earlier

the manifold has a big bearing on spool times....the cast has much shorter runners like in Wez's car and a much more sweeping design which helps with gas flow!! For all out power the cast will only flow so much, in which case a good quality tubular should be used. I know a lot of guys have them and had no issues with cracking etc, but if it were me just being as anal as I am, I would try and pay the extra and have an inconel manifold made up

the manifold has a big bearing on spool times....the cast has much shorter runners like in Wez's car and a much more sweeping design which helps with gas flow!! For all out power the cast will only flow so much, in which case a good quality tubular should be used. I know a lot of guys have them and had no issues with cracking etc, but if it were me just being as anal as I am, I would try and pay the extra and have an inconel manifold made up

So if a Precision T61 was put on that car do you not think the curve would be similar to the yellow curve bearing in mind the cams?

Had a Slight bit of a play with my map on the road in the midrange area at the weekend and the amount of ignition timing which i have now manage to get in the mid range is crazy. Around 7-9 degrees more than when it was without cams.

Still feels slighty laggier than the t61 before cams which i would exspect but going to look at getting some cam gears and advancing both cams 2 degrees.

Ian how have you got your cam gears setup at moment?

But it seems Ian was spot on regards the DBB in the midrange if you look at the red line (homer) and the Yellow lines (Gaz6002) on the graph you will see they are almost identical in the midrange. So you can see that the Dbb t67 is just as good as the T61 in midrange and then the T67 overtakes due to more Boost being run.

The midrange is very much the same as with mine and ianc plots in the midrange.

I would be really interested to see the Plots when Gaz has his car up to 1.4bar.

Got to find my self a T61 DBB :)

Will Add yours as well Joe

And will try and get charlie to do this on the dyno so its look abit better than my Paint.net work haha

Im looking forward to getting Tlicense car on here now as the car is spooling like it should now ;) (did somebody say baked bean tin :rlol: )

will be good for peak figures but in terms of spool/response it wont be anywhere near Wez's

looking forwards to seeing the final BHP figure though ;)

it is a t51r you have isn't it??

I've been out in Wez's car and its simply one of the most awesome setup's on as street supra i've been in..

With my better spool now its not as laggy as everyone thinks.. midrange is certainly allot better! We will see.. Back donw to SRR (Hopefully for some more tuning) and 1.5 Bar!:)

Paul have you got a dyno graph of your t61 as seems the t67 Dbb is just as quick TBh in all the graphs i have looked at.

Where was yours dyno'd for 510whp

dyno'ed/set up at Thor, i am sure i have the graphs somewhere thats if the kids haven't "coloured" them in for me but i think you really need all the graphs from the same dyno for them to be meaningfull

Hybrid B4040 Billet Nitride ceramic roller bearing Turbo ([email protected] fwhp) as fitted to my MK3 7M-GTE (All figures at the hubs)

Power / Torque

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/Power%20and%20Torque.jpg

Boost

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/boost.jpg

Stock cams (+4deg Inlet -2deg Exhaust), Stock TB, V-Power fuel.

Divide power & torque by 0.88 to remap for a realistic flywheel figure.

Did quite well for a crappy old 80's truck engine.

Lyndon.

Blimey - look how little benefit there is putting a T61 on standard cams compared to hybrids on longer cams!

The T61 was only running 1.1bar where as the TT Hybrid was 1.4bar, not so sure the graphs would be as close if the T61 was at 1.4bar.

:cool:

The T61 was only running 1.1bar where as the TT Hybrid was 1.4bar, not so sure the graphs would be as close if the T61 was at 1.4bar.

:cool:

Indeed and there's a whole host of other factors too...

This is a rudimentary look a the different turbos.

Using the same car/engine/boost/ecu/fuel and optimising the map for each turbo would be the only way to fully appreciate the differences, but it's a good generalisation which should prove useful.

• 1 month later...