The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stunningly bad workmanship

Alex

Nicked off the Ford and GTR BBS's...

Basically someone gave his Cossie to Engine Advantages which I believe is in the South East nr the A12. The guy there Paul Hills took the job on and fitted a customer supplied GT35 and wastegate...and oh my god did he fit it...BADLY.

http://www.passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89232&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

Page 2 and page 3 are the best for pics and information.

I must say that having dealt with Paul Hills and Engine Advantages several times I'm shocked at reading that, I've nothing but praise for him and the work he's done.

People calling him a crook and trying to put him out of business is just plain out of order, we all have problems with companies (I for one refuse to buy anything from Argos because of bad experiences) but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be in business.

I have and will continue to trust Paul Hills and Engine Advantages with my cars past present and future. He did a superb job of mapping my Mondeo over a year ago for a very resonable price and it's new owner is still over the moon with it's performance.

If anyone doubts Paul's work look through performance ford or fast ford magazines... they're often on the cover ;)

*Climbs down off soap box* :baa:

Jeeez...just read his story

What fills with me with disbelief is not that the guy made a mistake - but that he kept on charging more and more of this guy to 'rectify' the mistake

If you mess up - hands up - lets get it sorted - no charge m8 - have a drink on me and 'voila' - customer for life!

Not unheard of before though...eh?

:(

Originally posted by Scoboblio

I must say that having dealt with Paul Hills and Engine Advantages several times I'm shocked at reading that, I've nothing but praise for him and the work he's done.

People calling him a crook and trying to put him out of business is just plain out of order, we all have problems with companies (I for one refuse to buy anything from Argos because of bad experiences) but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be in business.

I have and will continue to trust Paul Hills and Engine Advantages with my cars past present and future. He did a superb job of mapping my Mondeo over a year ago for a very resonable price and it's new owner is still over the moon with it's performance.

If anyone doubts Paul's work look through performance ford or fast ford magazines... they're often on the cover ;)

*Climbs down off soap box* :baa:

That's fine...but if you think that wastegate mounting is the sign of someone who actually knows what they are talking about then fine.

Personally, I think most people would know better by just reading Corky Bells - Turbochargers - book. The pipe should have been about 2" in diameter no 1/2" :eek:

His mapping skills arn't the issue...as it's obvious it was never mapped! lol

If the customer has sought legal advice over what he's posting on a BBS then I think he must have a case.

That's fine...but if you think that wastegate mounting is the sign of someone who actually knows what they are talking about then fine.

Personally, I think most people would know better by just reading Corky Bells - Turbochargers - book. The pipe should have been about 2" in diameter no 1/2" :eek:

His mapping skills arn't the issue...as it's obvious it was never mapped! lol

If the customer has sought legal advice over what he's posting on a BBS then I think he must have a case.

I agree that he seems to have made a complete a**e up of the job and should be sorting it out for free not charging the guy extra. :twak:

My point is that he's not the cowboy, theiving, idiotic scammer that a lot of people are labeling him as.