The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch on a single

Chiefgroover

oh really, thanks for that info, I note that the revs drop off a lot quicker now than pre upgrade. Is that also due to the lightened flywheel as it does make for a jerkier drive. (Maybe I have to chage gear faster!)

Yeah, that's the idea of them. You get used to it, and it makes heel n toe changes really satisfying when you get it right. They make a real racket though that gets worse the hotter it gets. I got fed up of it in the end, and having people ask what was broken in my gearbox all the time! I switched back to a standard flywheel when my clutch disc broke.

• 5 weeks later...
The price form TDI is £605.13 including delivery and vat, or £1051.62 including installation and vat.

Anyone had any experiences with buying these from the states? With the dollar as it is I may be able to get myself a deal, but I am having trouble finding someone who sells it!

400!!!!!! odd pound to fit a clutch!!!!!!!!!!!imho thats just crazy!!!!! i took mine to a local garage who charged me 100 pounds and said it was quite straight foward.think it took 3 hours:rolleyes:

Tell me about it!

Clutch is on its way from America now, but company couldn't do anything about the customs ticket, so I am expecting to get stung for import tax and VAT :(

On the upside I found someone to do the clutch for £180.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you order the Centreforce clutch from Ebay??

Jamie

Tell me about it!

Clutch is on its way from America now, but company couldn't do anything about the customs ticket, so I am expecting to get stung for import tax and VAT :(

On the upside I found someone to do the clutch for £180.

The ebay bloke returned my money, saying he can't get them any more - soppy git. I then trawelled American sites and other ebay sellers dealing in Centerforce stuff - got some fantastical huge quotes from some people!

I have found another source in America though, and he is doing me one for $679.95 delivered. If the powers that be are happy for me to put his contact details in here I will. He is more than happy for me to recommend him to the club, so its up to you guys!

I have found another source in America though, and he is doing me one for $679.95 delivered. If the powers that be are happy for me to put his contact details in here I will. He is more than happy for me to recommend him to the club, so its up to you guys!
Go for it. They don't have any problem with that kind of thing.

I might get one if you get your's OK.

You're gonna use it with a stock flywheel, are you?

Yep, stock flywheel, I already have a rex that sounds like a tractor, don't want a Supra like that as well :o)

Jesse is the person you want, at Lightning Force Performance, contact details here:-

Jesse/LFP

281-385-5339

[email protected]

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com

http://www.stores.ebay.com/lightningforceperformance

I have got mine ordered and on its way, and it cost $679.95 all in, don't forget to ask him to make it look like a gift for the import tax!!

Cheers for that!!

Think i will order one at the end of the month:)

Yep, stock flywheel, I already have a rex that sounds like a tractor, don't want a Supra like that as well :o)

Jesse is the person you want, at Lightning Force Performance, contact details here:-

Jesse/LFP

281-385-5339

[email protected]

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com

http://www.stores.ebay.com/lightningforceperformance

I have got mine ordered and on its way, and it cost $679.95 all in, don't forget to ask him to make it look like a gift for the import tax!!

• 3 weeks later...