The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Car and Ryan G

suprafan72

Ok here are some screen shots of Dan Turners Maps and make up your own mind.. Here are some points that has been picked up of the shocking state of the Map that Advanced Motorsport had stored on My AEM unit.

o2 feedback enabled for whole map

* Load scalled to 2.8bar (reduced res)

* fuel cut set at 1.9bar (engine would pop before then)

* fuel mapped to 1bar then boost comp for the rest

* ign map looks like a screenshot of the andies

* knock control turned off

* coil dwell has a hump around midrange

* dwell settings wrong for DLI

* o2 sensor not setup correctly (gain not set)

* startup parameters all over the place

* high idle car speed 220mph

* auto trans setup still enabled

* accel settings all over the place

* deccel settings all over the place

coildwell.jpg

fuelcut-s.JPG

fueling-s.JPG

ign-s.JPG

Guest Nicholas

Would it not have been a good idea to hook your aem up to wez's car fire up wez's map and see if he had problems? :)

Glad it's all sorted though matey :)

Glad your happy Andy

With regards to the aem map lets say i wouldn't want to pay £1000 for it when i exspect it took 5 mins to turn on the o2 feedback correction and then maybe 20mins for that ignition map.

Poor Tony license also had his just running on the o2 feedback too and when it was turned off the fueling was totally out same as on andy's. On both Andy's and Tony's cars the O2 sensor was setup wrong aswell making the ecu think it was richer than the gauge was seeing, this causes the ecu to lean it out more and was causing andy's high EGT's.

The story you've posted makes it sound as though Ryan couldn't map it either though, that's why I'm confused

Not enough time?

Hey Micheal

I only had a couple of hours to spend with the car and most of it i was just trying to get it to drive nice as was terriable when picked up. We then got to the dyno and this is when we started to bring in some full throttle runs. With my new revised ignition map the car was perfect on the first run and made a nice number for 0.8bar but then the dyno started playing up and for some reason after that the car would not stop knocking. When i say the dyno was playing up, the speed sensors on the dyno and the computer was getting affected by what seemed to be high electrical interference. We had one run which made 998bhp lol at 0.8bar by 3k and the screen started to flicker also. After this we stopped as there was obviously a problem and didn't want to continue putting the car through it.

At this present time I would put the fault down to the DLI TBH and maybe due to the wrong dwell settings on the DT map i exspect it probably may have cooked it.

As Andy said i Do not offer mapping of the AEM unit as some of you may know and i have made my feelings clear against them.

Andy is good friend and just asked me to try and help lowering his EGT but after having a quick look at his map i was shocked at what i found. (see first post in this thread)

Alot of praise should go to Wes in this post as he has helped me with finding stuff i need in the aem software many times and knows alot more about mapping than he makes out, so i feel good things are to come from this guy in the future.

Ryan.