The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake upgrade.....?

Jamesy

I've recently done my brakes, I had standard J-specs, and I replaced the disc's with 3G 10 groove ones and used a new set of standard pads, and changed the fluid, and wow what a difference and if your on a budget it cost me less than £300, well worth it in my opinion.

Oh and something I have worked out is, for those of you out there with lowered cars with active front spoilers, I have found that leaving my spoiler down (mine has manual control) greatly reduces the cooling to the disc's, took me a while to work out thats why my (previous) brakes were getting hot so quickly, but thats what it was, now when driving hard I keep my spoiler up.

no I didn't change the calipers, just cleaned them up and made sure they were all slidding properly, and all the seals were ok, here is a link to the guy I got them from.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-TURBO-3G-PERFORMANCE-BRAKE-DISC-10GR-FR_W0QQitemZ290150965445QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10428QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

also, I've just noticed your only in West Sussex, where about mate? I'm near eastbourne, so if your not to far away your welcome to come have a look and give them a try.

no I didn't change the calipers, just cleaned them up and made sure they were all slidding properly, and all the seals were ok, here is a link to the guy I got them from.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-TURBO-3G-PERFORMANCE-BRAKE-DISC-10GR-FR_W0QQitemZ290150965445QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10428QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

also, I've just noticed your only in West Sussex, where about mate? I'm near eastbourne, so if your not to far away your welcome to come have a look and give them a try.

Isn't that seller also a member on here??

I've used them in the past.

thanx mate - they do look nice. so did you just change the front discs?

i live in haywards heath mate so not that far - maybe we can get together at a meet sometime?

No I changed front and rear, might be able to get together at a meet, but I don't go to many tbh

I'm in Hailsham, so not far at all

No I changed front and rear, might be able to get together at a meet, but I don't go to many tbh

I'm in Hailsham, so not far at all

ok mate sounds good. thanx again.

so did u get these same discs for the rear too, then just get new pads and thats it yeah!:)

Hi guys,

i've been looking to upgrade my brake pads on my stock UK brakes, and have heard people raving about TRD pads... then on this thread i hear how great CW pads are, but can't find them on the net...

is CW stand for something?

a little help for a novice please... :helpsign:

CW stands for Chris Wilson..

A very reputable trader on here,do a search under his name

I have his pads on my car and they are excellent;)

Jamie

Hi guys,

i've been looking to upgrade my brake pads on my stock UK brakes, and have heard people raving about TRD pads... then on this thread i hear how great CW pads are, but can't find them on the net...

is CW stand for something?

a little help for a novice please... :helpsign: