The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The perfect 1/4 mile?

Jamesy

Thats very good for Stock.

I was talking to a bloke on saturday and he had run alot faster at crail too. He was getting frustrated as he could not get the power down but he did observe that the grip was very poor at Santapod.

Ive only ever run there so I would not know any different.

Tee hee - he's doing something very wrong if he finds more grip at Crail than at Pod ;)

I was hugely impressed by the general setup and quality of the track at Santa Pod when I was there on Sunday. If only we had such a facility in Scotland! You guys actually have proper tarmac to launch on, not just that but they properly prep the surface. I'm convinced I will knock a good wee bit off my time if I run on such a day at Pod, purely because I'll be able to launch harder and get the 60ft down.

RE: launch revs, depends on auto or manual, the spec of the car and the grip available on the day. You should be trying to get a feel for that on your first burnout of the day before your first launch.

Cheers,

Brian.

Was thinking that but to be fair the track looked in much better condition on sunday than it did first thing saturday. My first runs on sat were bad, I could not launch anywhere near on boost without lighting up the rears. Got better during the day.

There were that many oil spils and water on the start from spray bars they were cleaning it etc all day long and the track changed on each run. Still was very impressed with my own time which really is all that matters.

I found it best launching from 3-3.5k revs. No point in revving to the redline as the turbo's are out of puff way before, try changing up at 6300-6500.

oh yeah, DOH! (was thinking the same, not worth running to red line as your not on full peak power then)

cheers fella ;)