The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This is just ridiculous.

fri3ndly

Not all insurance companies, one that i read clearley states that modifications need only be declared if they were NOT done as a munufacturer option ;)

Weird, not disagreeing with you but find it hard to believe that if I go to an insurance company with 2 audi TTs, one is 30k brand new and the other one has 10k worth of optional add ons, they are going to charge me the same premium :blink:

Oh well, live and learn :)

Well anyway

I have told those idiots at Admiral that I am not paying it and I am cancelling my policy.

I am taking out a new policy with Adrian Flux, its £200 more with everything declared and all modifications covered in the event of a crash.

They also told me that any other non-performance modifications would be free to insure and just to ring up and declare them.

Sounds like a better deal than those Admiral bitches are giving me.

Well anyway

I have told those idiots at Admiral that I am not paying it and I am cancelling my policy.

I am taking out a new policy with Adrian Flux, its £200 more with everything declared and all modifications covered in the event of a crash.

They also told me that any other non-performance modifications would be free to insure and just to ring up and declare them.

Sounds like a better deal than those Admiral bitches are giving me.

True, but now they're probably going to rob you on the refund of your policy. You always get stiffed when you cancel.:(

The increase is not purely due to theft angle.

I once dealt with a claim, where the driver of the car had tinted windows and because they were tinted and it was dark, they did not see my client, who was walking across the middle of pavement entrance to a shop. Insurance company paid out over £1m in the end. So, they are seen as a bit of a liability

We could go further and penalise people with bling wheels, LED windscreen jets and the like because they have demonstrated a need to 'stand out'. This makes them more likely to be victims of theft and/or accidents (prominent parking, attending cruises, showing off etc)

From the risk point of view this can be as important as age or postcode, don't you think?;)

Pete you will still get charged a time on risk charge, so you pay for what you've had and also quite often pay for a policy admin fee. The 14 days is there to stop short period canx from being horrific, ie £1000 paid for policy, less say 15% for broker commission, so now down £850, less £25 set up and £25 canx fee and then the insurance company only giving back 70% of the premium (fairly typical amount for up to a month). So as with the above from that £1000 you would have got back £560!! (all figures are made up but are conservative compared to what some companies/brokers charge!)

Pete you will still get charged a time on risk charge, so you pay for what you've had and also quite often pay for a policy admin fee. The 14 days is there to stop short period canx from being horrific, ie £1000 paid for policy, less say 15% for broker commission, so now down £850, less £25 set up and £25 canx fee and then the insurance company only giving back 70% of the premium (fairly typical amount for up to a month). So as with the above from that £1000 you would have got back £560!! (all figures are made up but are conservative compared to what some companies/brokers charge!)

Strange....Admiral said they will give me everything I paid back minus £19 for paperwork/time costs! So sounds to me like I got 2 weeks free insurance!!

Anyway, Im with Adiran Flux now. No more bullshit made up prices for decorative car modifications :D