The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Secret CF Bonnet Group Buy??

shaf

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its almost finished now. its went into the workshop after the show,as needed to have a few more coats on bonnet and spoiler. plus other lile things to mend adn fix.

I'm hoping to get it back b4 Xmas though.

What alloys r u talking about - mine or the new ones Im hoping to get?

Originally posted by shaf

is it finished yet..... and have you got the alloys?

welll... yeh, the one i wanted - no..still didnt get them..

but now when i have a chance to get alloys for free - i probably will that idea of mine for now. less spending! ;)

Originally posted by shaf

cool, yeah i was just wondering if you had bought the new alloys you were on about getting :D

• 5 weeks later...

ok guys, resurrecting this thread because feb aint too far away now.

anyhow, im getting one top secret bonnet over to test fit to someones car. the price for this will be £450 if the buyer can turn up to derby to test fit it and if they aren't 100% satisfied, they dont have to buy it.

first person to pay a deposit of £100 secures. the bonnet will be here within 2-3 weeks.

lol, they will be cf only mate :)

if you want the first one as it will be a test fitment so therefore £450 if you come and have it fitted or an extra £35 for dellivery.

if that's cool then you can send me a cheque as a deposit for £100. the bonnet will be here in 2-3 weeks time.

pm me for details.

• 7 months later...

Old thread but what was the outcome with these Top Secret CF hoods?

Sounded pretty cheap, were they any good?

I think i paid £550 +VAT for mine from Whifbitz didn't realise there'd been a group buy.

I managed to put a tiny hairline crack in mine which you cant really see, but it annoys me cos i always stare at it!

It's a SEIBON cf copy of the TOP SECRET II version with the vent over the turbos, i think.

How did you crack it mate?

I've got the same one.....!

I'd put a couple of new bonnet latches on cos they were a bit temperamental and O/side used look like it was flapping about above 130.

I had it all adjusted to perfection and i didn't wanna use bonnet pins as the front sides seemed a little high from certain angles.

Anyhow (admittedly i had the catch as far down as was humanly possible, one cold morning i opened the hood to check my levels, when i went to shut it and the O/Side wouldn't latch, maybe being a little stubborn i continued to keep trying to latch it as there is quite a bit of flex in it, think it may have been the cold but it shut but this small hairline crack appeared above the striker area..... not a happy bunny.

Anyway i've kinda hidden it with a TRD badge, don't tell anyone.....!

nothing happened in the end. i sold the one bonnet i had at the time to jusie.

also, i didnt want to offend any of the traders so decided not to pursue it.

the mr2 group buy however was a huge success, i managed to get about 15 people a border cf bonnet and everyone was happy..... different forum, different rules i guess :)

I got one, took a while to arrive but was immaculate when it did. It is also made by Seibon.

I had the bodyshop fit it and put the bonnet pins in place.

The bonnet fits perfect. The bodyshop guy told me not to tighten right down on the bonnet pins, but to leave a small amount of play in them. As when cornering hard the flex in the chassis and tight bonnet pins might not match...

PIcs in my signature, although I sold the car to Lui on here about a week ago :)

I haven't put bonnet pins on cos i felt they spoil the look, but they would sort out the minor discrepancy with front left and right edges where they look very slightly raised so i may fit some at some stage.

Just one of those things you notice but no one else does.......

my girlfriend thinks i'm mad with all the little imperfections that bug me bout the car!! I'm sure i'm not alone on that one.

My mate lost the back end of his RX-7 going round a roundabout the other day and wrapped it round a lamp post. Emergency services cut his roof off and smashed his cf bonnet getting open to disconnect the batt i think, he was alright but it made me think things can always be worse.

I haven't put bonnet pins on cos i felt they spoil the look, but they would sort out the minor discrepancy with front left and right edges where they look very slightly raised so i may fit some at some stage.

Honestly mate - you really shoud use pins with any aftermarket hood - even with the front catch

I have some nice subtle C/F pins that I do here

http://miami-gt.com/images/CF%20Pins.jpg

These need a small bracket making to ensure they are flush with the hood - and are also lockable too!

:thumbs: