The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first night as a Supra owner = NIGHTMARE!

Guest WrathChild

Guest WrathChild

If worst comes to worst and i cant get a refund. How much about would an engine rebuild cost? And are there any good places to get supras looked at in the bradford area?

Unfortunately we are starting to see headgaskets going now on some cars, were doing a non-turbo one right now.

I'd say either the headgasket has gone or the heater matrix, or both if your really unlucky! Either job is a right swine and will be expensive to fix. Time to get a refund!

Gaz.

Exactly what I thought.. or even what Chris Wilson said but surely you would notice that on opening the bonnet !?

If you can't get your money back, go to a good garage and get it checked out.

An engine rebuild is very expensive but I doubt it will come to that, to be honest. Just get the problem diagnosed properly.

Don't know of any good garages in your area but whifbitz in Enfield are good. Done lots of work for me, all very good.

Good luck with it all.

.... the car dumps a load of rusty water on the floor. ....

ooops - rusty is not a good colour for coolant.

It means coolant hasn't been changed for years, a sure sign of general neglect.

MoneyPit

If worse comes to worst it might be acceptable if the car is sold for a couple of grand, so you can factor in expensive repairs/replacements.

I'm amazed. You should have picked up on these when you took it for a test drive of at least 10 miles. You did take it for a test drive? With so many things to go wrong, you should have taken along a mechanic or somebody who knows about Supes for a full check up. The classic mayonnaise under the rad cap would show a gasket problem. Never buy the first thing you look at. There's loads more.