The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R3DG3CKO Project 2008

R3DG3CKO ROB

I read somewhere that an onwer with an aerotop parked it on an uneven surface and couldn't bolt the roof on thats how much it flexed :D

Wouldnt surprise me, I doubt any amount of strengthing is really going to compensate for the roof being removed.....after all having the roof is mearly a cosmetic enjoyment for the driver....

500bhp is a LOT of power! You're coming from a 210bhp car, so first of all get used to 320bhp (and the massive increase in torque) before you think about going further. This is especially important if you're new to 250+ bhp RWD cars.

At 545bhp, mine has no grip in 1st and 2nd, and spins through 3rd if air temps are below 20deg. It's frightenly quick and to be honest far too powerful for daily use. Every time I hit more than 50% throttle in low gears I have to be ready for it to spin.. perhaps thats not what you're looking for out of your car?

As Nic mentions, 430flywheel is the absolute top end that stock turbo's can deliver (been there, done that!). Hybrids should be able to provide 450 at the top end, but to get more you need to go for the single option - i.e £7k+

That said, if you want a very fast, reliable car, BPU is the way to go.

Yep, Aero's have the same chassis na and tt. There's a few extra pillar brackets, 2mm rails inside the sills, and a 5th strip inside the screen surround, compared to the hard top.

But surely that makes it that the chassis are not the same, as the Areo has been strengthened further to stop flex when the roof is off.....;)

;)

I read somewhere that an onwer with an aerotop parked it on an uneven surface and couldn't bolt the roof on thats how much it flexed :D

I thought it was he couldn't open the door?

A Targa panel isn't going to stiffen up a car unless you've got the mother of all fixings.

I have no intention of going down the single route as I enjoy driving the car way too much :p

I think I'll be happy with BPU in the end and after everyones excellent advice I shall be doing the swap first and then once I'm used to it go BPU...

I've never felt any flex with the roof off but it should be interesting going tt :)