Big Mark

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim

How much did it come to with dell and tax etc?

:yeahthat: i replaced mine but i need a mount for it also it is thiner, i have been told it is a NA one and should be ok but i dont trust it, did you have to change the fan, also got any pic's fitted?

My new rad arrived from Hong Kong last Thursday. Not fitted yet, hoping to get it on this week.

£199 including delivery.

that looks smart as is it for a auto?

:yeahthat: i replaced mine but i need a mount for it also it is thiner, i have been told it is a NA one and should be ok but i dont trust it, did you have to change the fan, also got any pic's fitted?

that looks smart as is it for a auto?

It is not for an auto but I think you can fit a seperate auto box cooler.

I used this guide to help me fit it (thanks thorin). :

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=83646&highlight=fitting+fluidyne

• 2 weeks later...
So all in all an easy fit?

How comes you put a a/c condensor in?

It was a piece of cake to fit, any idiot can do it. Remove top 2 clamps, remove all pipes and connectors, lift out. Swap over fan and cowling onto new rad, insert new rad. Easy.

My car didn't have working air con when I bought it, I thought it just needed re-gassing but it turned out that at some stage someone had removed the air con condensor. Hence I bought a 2nd hand one from Andyhannah and got given an evaporator by Wile E Coyote and I now have fully working air con. Thanks guys.

I fitted them in a local garage so had use of their ramp and I didn't have to crawl around under the car. But even without a ramp it would still be an easy job.

A little tip for anyone who drives an auto and is going to change their rad. Have a couple of M8 (I think though could be M10) bolts handy. When you remove the pipes to the transmission cooler that is built into the rad quickly stuff a bolt up each pipe. That way you won't lose your transmission fluid and have to top it up.

I forgot so stuffed my thumb over the end straight away whilst one of the mechanics grabbed me a couple of bolts.

Looks like a good bit of kit. Doesnt the stock rad cap fit on these rads then?

Have you noticed any improvement in performance with this rad on Mark? - can anyone confirm if the stock airbox scoop that sits on top of the rad fits OK on these rads too?