The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Greddy Speed Delimiter

hadyn

Hello all, I've just got meself one of these:

Am I right in presuming that the green wire goes into the speed signal of the ecu and the white wire goes back into the harness?

I presume black and red are earth and ignition live? Whats the best wires to splice into for that? Cig lighter/clock etc?

Also is the speed signal pinout the same on the j-spec TT ecu as in this diagram?

http://www.plxdevices.com/ECUDatabase/Toyota/TOY_SUP_93_98.pdf

courtesy of `Bondango` ...Marty.... pm him for any more info..

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2943/bccat8.jpg

"So the Speed sensor wire is cut...

White wire joins the wire which heads away from ecu to sensor.

Green joins the wire which goes to ECU.

You can use ANY switched 12v feed and earth, you dont have to tap the ECU wires for power"

"ive attached a rough diagram i did for you. Its shows the ECU terminals. And which pins you need to work with (remember you need to imagine the loom as thats what you will be cutting into..

I think the Speed sensor wire is Pink with brown stripe on the N/A

As i said you can use any 12v and earth which is switched at ignition, but ive also labeled which pins are used for Switched power and earth on the ECU

We ALWAYS remove the ECU, then work from inside the car with the loom pulled as far forward as possible. Its a bitch and awkward especially when Soldering or crimping wires"

I wouldn't (didn't) bother removing the ECU; soldering that pink wire is a piece if wee wee - very accesible compared to most of the wires inside a Supra!

I'd solder though, and reinforce with a crimp. Don't forget to make sure you tape up any new wires so that they get into/out of the ECU cover without rubbing or stretching or being crushed (i.e. route them sensibly and use a bit of tape to make sure they have abit of slack but will stay put - common sense really!)

• 1 year later...

These old SLCC's are a bit of a bitch to work out :( The T(x) didnt neccesarily refer to the transmission i.e. auto or manual, it also refered to the extra options. Some of the Old greddy SLCC's had optional outputs to trigger the Profec A/B boost controllers and different cut rates selectable via the dip switches.

http://www.greddy.com/img/PHP/products/pdf/809.pdf

The only Speed cut limiter i would recommend on an Auto is the Thor or HKS SLD Type II/T6 as most simple Speed cut controllers use 4 wires (be it HKS or Greddy) they simply clamp the speed signal going to the ECU. May Work ok on manuals but on autos, its a different Story...The hks Type T6 for the aristo or Supra has 12 wires in total :blink: which ensures all the components which use speed signal 2 from the ecu are not effected.

I know you want to remove the speed limiter, but Surely you want the car to read in MPH? if so, you may aswell buy the speedM8 or Thor units which do both?

I know you want to remove the speed limiter, but Surely you want the car to read in MPH? if so, you may aswell buy the speedM8 or Thor units which do both?

Strangely enough the speedo and odo on my car read in miles? The speedo dial reads upto 180mph and is calibrated correctly (not a 120mph stuck on face for a car still reading in kms).

Despite this the 112mph limiter still remains?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...