The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Windows Tinted

Shadow Beast

Loving it.

I brought some pre-cut film off ebay and as my rear window was out whilst my car was being resprayed I had a go at putting the film on yesterday. Had no bubbles but one or two creases and took hours. Wanted it perfect so pulled film off and will get it professionally done this week.

Northants isn't far from me but the guys that took the window out are opposite my work and do tinting so will see if they will beat £190, otherwise I'll be giving the guys in Northants a call.

It is illegal but some cars that come fresh out the factory have tints that are illegal also.

Anything on rears and back as someone also said.

Also you cant fail an MOT for having tinted windows.

Looks good mate 8)

cheers, i think i will send the wife when it goes for its next MOT, women seam to have a way with getting away with things like that!!

i will speak to the guys to see what level of tint in percentage they put on the windows so you all know

richie

I have a very light tint all round and its hardly noticable from the outside but is still naughty. Think i remember its 75% of light has to be let through the frontg windows and most cars are on the legal limit.

Do you still have any doovd for sale, as I have a Puss3 I wouldnt mind swapping with you as my vurse has broken and needs replacing.....:D :D

cheers, i think i will send the wife when it goes for its next MOT, women seam to have a way with getting away with things like that!!

i will speak to the guys to see what level of tint in percentage they put on the windows so you all know

richie

I think you misread what I wrote-You CANT fail for tinted windows! Its not on the test sheet :)