Exhaust

bmx1lew

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the blitz nur spec is quite acceptable on motorway journeys with the baffle in

to be honest you get used to it, just get yourself a decent stereo and if it does your nut in, turn it up:)

I was going to get a baffle to reduce noise when round the neighbourhood, but loads of loud cars here so no issue:d

It does sound good when you stick your foot to the floor though:eyebrows:

bump, 95mm (3.74 inch) pipe will that cause issues ie loss of back pressure or make the car run to lean?

It will cause a small increase of boost pressure due to the reduction in back pressure over a stock exhaust, but provided you have the cats in place it won't be an issue if the car is well maintained.

As promised, Nur has been fitted today with the second cat still in. Very nice sound on tick over and a nice loud burble when pulling away. The comments about the motorway seem to be correct though at 60-80 its very lod in the car and could poss do wih the baffle.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my new supra exhaust came today, it's a Apexi GT also came with a free Cat, not sure if you know but unlike most after market exhaust's this one has a extra large mid pipe :p here is a quote from the site... can't wait to hear what type of sound it makes :D

Pic's at the bottom...

"GT Spec Mufflers are our flagship line of exhaust systems. These race-bred exhaust systems were engineered to handle extremely high-horsepower applications. A'PEX is the only company in Japan to own and operate a 95mm (3.74 inch) mandrel pipe bender at this time. We proudly incorporate this 95mm piping on select applications to offer exhaust systems unmatched by any other manufacturer. Pipes for the GT Series are designed with minimal amount of bends and the canisters project at an angle like the N-1. The GT Series pipes and canisters are constructed of polished SUS 304 stainless steel. The 115mm polished tip give the GT Spec Mufflers an aggressive, yet refined style. All GT Spec Mufflers include the Super Silencer, which can reduce noise levels by up to 7 decibels."

should be on by saturday, video to follow :p

Great, can you do one with and one without the baffle?

yeah man no probs the exhaust is on and to be honest it isnt that loud,thats with the baffel out which i may sell and it doesnt drone however it purrrr's sounds nice i think it will be lounder once the cats are out, video clip and pics tomorrow.

lew