The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i'm hooked already.....(question...)

Jamesy

cool - cheers.

well it was bl00dy quick today as it was... was only considering the de-cat if it helped economy a bit!

BPU is around £1500-£2000 i read on here i think?? bit steep for me right now. :)

Can be done cheaper, especially as you've already got an aftermarket exhaust.

Decat pipes I think ~£150 each from Whiffbitz, then you'll probably need a restrictor ring ~£20 from Chris Wilson I think, plugs ~£70? Fuel cut defender ~£100 And a cheap mechanical boost guage. That's all you need really, but it's probably a good idea to replace the fuel pump ~£120... but I haven't.

Guest Chumpalot
cool - cheers.

well it was bl00dy quick today as it was... was only considering the de-cat if it helped economy a bit!

BPU is around £1500-£2000 i read on here i think?? bit steep for me right now. :)

You can shave a massive chunk off that if you don't get an FMIC. If yours is in decent condition it shouldn't be necessary. That's £400-500 saved right there.

Guest Chumpalot

I'd chuck in a boost controller as well just to give you options if you decide to mod a bit more later on in your Supe ownership :thumbs: I'd also uprate the fuel pump as well just for that added piece of mind.

Will cost you nowhere near what you stated though.

i was in the same boat worrying about mpg, i travel 40miles a day to work and im not 20k job a year so a supra was was way out my budget, but i know how you feel i got my heart set on them so i got a job closer to home :D start on tuesday and only 5miles travel and 1.70 parking for the day and a bit more pay woooo, a wise man once told me once you get a supra its not mpg its smiles per mile... no point getting a fast car if your scared to waste money on petrol. I cant wait to get mine ( hope fully in the next 8 weeks) i currently have the guys at funky power looking for one :D

Just a slight hijack, if you fit a boost controller, does that mean you can (safely?) lower the boost below standard if you just want to pootle about to work, which will make it more economical for these days? and Raise back to Standard or above for the weekends?

You can shave a massive chunk off that if you don't get an FMIC. If yours is in decent condition it shouldn't be necessary. That's £400-500 saved right there.

thanx mate... the car is mint and only done 45k so im guessing the original will be ok?

will have to keep a look out in the "for sale" section for anything that sounds like an upgrade part...(not that i have a bl00dy CLUE what i'm looking for!!!! :))

Just a slight hijack, if you fit a boost controller, does that mean you can (safely?) lower the boost below standard if you just want to pootle about to work, which will make it more economical for these days? and Raise back to Standard or above for the weekends?

No, a boost controller can only RAISE boost. If you wish to work like that, get a more restrictive restrictor ring (or leave the standard exhaust/1 CAT in and then use a BC to raise boost when you want it. Not ideal IMHO but you can do it.

I didn't bother with a boost controller and I hit exactly 1.2bar absolute max which is all I would ever want to hit as a maximum. Majority of the time it is 1.0-1.1 bar.

It is only a few hundred quid for BPU really:

Decat

Exhaust

Fuel pump

Boost Gauge

That's all I would bother with in your situationm saves a hefty few quid not buying an FMIC and TBH I really don't think it is required. A good SMIC is more than up to the job IMHO.

Boost controllers only rasie the boost. Not lower it.

Woohoo something techincal coming from me!

Guest Chumpalot

If you've checked out the BPU link posted above it lists the parts you need :thumbs:

Most of the traders on here can supply these parts for you. Or you could keep an eye out in the Parts section for bits.